Re: Best County side since got back in the league.

I have so far only seen one game this season (v Notts County) but was impressed by many of the "new" players to the team and the evolution of the playing style since last season.

It did occur to me prior to the seasons start that Flynn and his team had impressed Brighton and Bristol City with the management of their loanees last season and this had borne some fruit this season. In Bakinson and Semenyo Bristol City have possibly sent County two highly rated players that would benefit greatly from "men" football. Brighton may not have sent a loanee this season but have possibly alerted County to someone they were letting go because he wasn't deemed Premiership quality but would be highly effective at a lower level. Cardiff Citys loanees tend to flucuate between great and rubbish. This season County have bagged a "great" loanee (at least until January when they'll recall and replace him with someone rubbish).

What impressed me most was that there were definite signs between Bakinson and Harris of a connection. Bakinson played a few balls forward which Harris didn't quite get on the end of because the ball was over-hit or Harris anticipated the ball a split second too late. Each ball would have put Harris beyond the defence and in on goal. It felt like it wouldn't take long before those defence-splitting passes would go to foot. The other thing I noted was the partnership between Harris and Amond which seemed really good. There appeared to be an understanding of each others position on the pitch and some anticipation of where each other would be trying to play the ball. Amond didn't need to do as much running as last season as Harris was a willing runner himself and perhaps because both players were putting in similar effort Amond seemed unconcerned whether it was him or Harris that scored the second County goal of the game. Last season Amond would have tried to score himself, on Tuesday he wasn't greedy.

Best County side since promotion to the EFL? To be honest it wouldn't be too difficult to earn that title if taken over a season (mainly due County's now traditional New Year collapse in form) but way too soon to judge it.

I'd say it looks promising and my pre-season 18th place prediction (I think) is looking a little silly...