Re: Ref for Grimsby

SULLY34 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Thought he had a tidy game 7.5 from me
:shock: Jim I thought he was bleeding awful!

New Ref in FL got the big calls 99% right imo mate no one will go though a game without making a mistake or 2 just ask all 22 players who started today I bet everyone of them made at least 4/5 mistakes

UPTHEPORT wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Thought he had a tidy game 7.5 from me
:shock: Jim I thought he was bleeding awful!

New Ref in FL got the big calls 99% right imo mate no one will go though a game without making a mistake or 2 just ask all 22 players who started today I bet everyone of them made at least 4/5 mistakes
At least 1 penalty for us he got wrong, their no.4 should've been sent off and Thomas should have had a yellow card.

Like us, he sees things once and has to decide. Lots of crowd noise for a penalty when I thought Harris slipped. Second half, one not given (for handball) was probably a wrong decision. The earlier tackle from behind was, I thought, more deserving of a red card than the later one by Thomas. All in all, the ref was acceptable, but not as good as Mr Huxtable.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Your looking with those Amber specs now mate you didnt mention any mistakes that went our way he gave a free kick first half for us our players head was clearly down yet he gave a kick for high boot not sure if that was the goal now
You're right Jim, that wasn't a free kick either. Awful.

excessbee wrote:Like us, he sees things once and has to decide. Lots of crowd noise for a penalty when I thought Harris slipped. Second half, one not given (for handball) was probably a wrong decision. The earlier tackle from behind was, I thought, more deserving of a red card than the later one by Thomas. All in all, the ref was acceptable, but not as good as Mr Huxtable.
Agree with you there, handball.....definite penalty. The tackle from behind....red card too.

SULLY34 wrote:
excessbee wrote:Like us, he sees things once and has to decide. Lots of crowd noise for a penalty when I thought Harris slipped. Second half, one not given (for handball) was probably a wrong decision. The earlier tackle from behind was, I thought, more deserving of a red card than the later one by Thomas. All in all, the ref was acceptable, but not as good as Mr Huxtable.
Agree with you there, handball.....definite penalty. The tackle from behind....red card too.
Fortunately whatever we think of him, his decisions didn't affect the result

Well here’s my opinion. They fouled our players when attacking on numerous occasions- no cards. We got a card for the first defensive foul we made. Clear penalty denied 2nd half, sending off well overdue but because of previous leniency looked out of context. At least he didn’t lose us the game but absolutely no consistency yet again, EFL cloan or clown depending on your opinion.

lowandhard wrote:Well here’s my opinion. They fouled our players when attacking on numerous occasions- no cards. We got a card for the first defensive foul we made. Clear penalty denied 2nd half, sending off well overdue but because of previous leniency looked out of context. At least he didn’t lose us the game but absolutely no consistency yet again, EFL cloan or clown depending on your opinion.
Agree with all of that