Re: Allez Allez Allez Chant

daftasfxxx wrote:Tbh the best bit of that chant is the chorus the rest drones on out of tune
Have to agree, although it’s a great song it does drone on before the chorus, i think it would be much better if the chorus came in after “a proper Newport boy” and then the second verse could start “our hearts are with the county”.

So it’s broken up a bit and the best bit gets sang more which will stop the song fading out so quickly, if people can sing the bits they enjoy for longer they’ll keep the song going, Allez Allez Allez

Newportonian wrote:
Taffweigan wrote:
Newportonian wrote:Taff/Amber Army what’s your thoughts
A fair point. As soon as everyone knows the words then the bit before will be fine. It's how the chant goes elsewhere too
Never mind elsewhere, we’re Newport County we need to do things our way !
You're very welcome to join our group and offer suggestions if you want

I’m not one for joining groups but thank you for your kind offer, I would appreciate it if you would take this as a suggestion and discuss it with other members of your group,
it isn’t meant as a criticism as it is a great song, it’s just that it drones on in its current format and dies out very quickly because of this,
I think it would last longer if the best bit (chorus) was sang more often and also people will learn the words far more quickly in shorter verses as opposed to one long drone of a verse that drags on forever until you get to the good bit