Commercial Team

What is the commercial team / board doing we have some business people on the board. Do they not realise that a £500k loss (exc FA Cup) will kill us and league football in Newport.
Today we have a team who have won two out of two home games playing good football with some exciting summer signings yet:
3,200 people where is the advertising / social media activity;
Advertising space around the perimeter empty can’t sell it again;
At least two empty boxes I have bought a box a few times I assume they have my details why wasn’t I contacted and made an offer - can’t sell them again.

Quite a few £000’s lost today - the team are delivering, it is about time the admin started putting in a shift.

Re: Commercial Team

(I think you'll find that's 3 out of 3 home wins..!)

We have no Commercial Manager, as she left/was sacked.

My business has advertised/sponsored the Club for the last four seasons. Our sponsorship deal was not renewed due to price increase required and despite repeatedly asking for someone to discuss what else we could do/advertise, we are still waiting, 6 games into the season.

We spent loads last season alone on FA Cup tickets and hospitality, what chance this year? None.

I'm a Season Ticket holder, so I'll keep coming, as will most of my family. However, the people with which they should be engaging, local successful businesses, have been lost.

Great shame.

wattsville_boy wrote:
CaerfilliJacko wrote:Our new CEO has gone on holiday for 2 weeks, so we've lost that contact. Did hear that the chairman was in temporary charge of the commercial department.
And as long as the BOD have their freebies fat Gav is happy. F*ck everybody else...

Thats out of order ok criticise but dont get personal

wattsville_boy wrote:
CaerfilliJacko wrote:Our new CEO has gone on holiday for 2 weeks, so we've lost that contact. Did hear that the chairman was in temporary charge of the commercial department.
And as long as the BOD have their freebies fat Gav is happy. F*ck everybody else...
Wow, no need for that fella.

Out of interest, what freebies do the BoD have? You seem to be making quite an allegation so am hoping you have the decency to justify it. What feeebies?

As an exile with virtually all of my information coming from this message board, it's so frustrating.

I get that some information about negotiations with the rugby side of Rodney Parade are sensitive and putting it out there wouldn't be helpful but surely a carefully worded statement regarding the latest position would stop or reduce the speculation coming from the fan base in general.

I don't accuse anyone in the hierarchy of not doing what they think is best for the long term interest of the club but the cloak of secrecy is clearly creating distrust.

I won't get to another game until the away game at Oldham and have only had the dubious pleasure of watching the away game at Mansfield live. However, the reports since then clearly indicate that we have a first class team at this level now.

So Mr Foxall and team ( if at team at board room level exists any more ) I'm sure some clarity can be given to us supporters by an announcement to us all. Things are as good as we can expect on the pitch at the moment ( probably better than we should expect ), we had the cup run last season, we should be riding the crest of a wave, sadly we clearly are not.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

Thats out of order ok criticise but dont get personal
Are you objecting to the term "fat"? Would you prefer me to use the term "obese" or "morbidly obese"? Without knowing his height and weight it's difficult to determine his actual BMI but he'd fit into one of those categories...

Lysaght Dancer wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
Wow, no need for that fella.

Out of interest, what freebies do the BoD have? You seem to be making quite an allegation so am hoping you have the decency to justify it. What feeebies?
Well it's usually the norm for the visiting teams Directors to be "entertained" which'll possibly mean that our Directors have free "entertainment" too. What constitutes "entertainment" I don't know but imagine it'll mean free food and drinks. Is there a limit set? How much is the cost of "entertainment of visiting directors" (if indeed it takes place) over the course of the season? Who signs off on the cost? Is it the BOD? Lots of questions but never any answers under this regime...

newgroundrodney wrote:On a matchday, I'm pretty sure there are certain roles & responsibilities placed upon certain club officials. It's the same at every club. I don't expect to see our chairman queuing up at the turnstiles. Have a bit of class!
No-one knows how much the BOD charge the club for their time, what perks they get for serving as a Director or how much of the yearly budget is taken out for the cost of running a BOD. We're supposed to be a fan-owned club and the BOD should be answerable to those who elected them. It would be nice to know prior to voting on the model of ownership in a few weeks time how much the current model costs and whether it could be done cheaper...

I recognise that some entertaining of the visiting side is necessary but I haven't given money to the cause so that our Directors are "over-indulging" at home games at the clubs expense (if indeed that is what they are doing). Without a breakdown of expenses in the publication of any years financial report no-one knows whether this is the case or not...