Re: Bisley Suite

rncfc wrote:You could make a film out of our history.

Screwed over by our football association, in the midst of being screwed over by our rugby association.

Not quite sure why all Welsh sporting authorities seem to hate Newport but it would be excellent to publically shame them into thinking about it.
People say it's not a matter of them and us. But think ahead 5 yrs or so. It's Autumn. Newport County has left Rodney Parade, with no other ground available, it was decided to wrap the club up.. Around town, quite a few 'County faces' are seen spending a fortune on WRU shirts, umbrellas and merchandise, as well as really expensive international rugby tickets.....but it's OK cos there is no more Newport County to have to use up their time on, and there hasn't been for a handful of months, so by now we're all deciding what to do with our Saturdays. Some go to Merthyr, some Cardiff, some Swansea & some give the WPL a go, cos after all we got do SOMETHING yeah?...can't just sit at home watching UK Gold....... in time, gradually NCAFC will be long forgotten, gone, gone forever, like the Top Rank!
I worry they don't just want us out of RP, they want us out of business..... evidence? none....just a gut feeling.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:This again shows that our future is elsewhere.Unless one of us wins the lottery then Spytty is the best option.We need to start talks with the council now about a long term lease or buying it.We won't be at RP beyond the current lease.
Could such talks already be ongoing?
I hope they are.

newgroundrodney wrote:

Screwed over by our football association, in the midst of being screwed over by our rugby association.

Not quite sure why all Welsh sporting authorities seem to hate Newport but it would be excellent to publically shame them into thinking about it.
People say it's not a matter of them and us. But think ahead 5 yrs or so. It's Autumn. Newport County has left Rodney Parade, with no other ground available, it was decided to wrap the club up.. Around town, quite a few 'County faces' are seen spending a fortune on WRU shirts, umbrellas and merchandise, as well as really expensive international rugby tickets.....but it's OK cos there is no more Newport County to have to use up their time on, and there hasn't been for a handful of months, so by now we're all deciding what to do with our Saturdays. Some go to Merthyr, some Cardiff, some Swansea & some give the WPL a go, cos after all we got do SOMETHING yeah?...can't just sit at home watching UK Gold....... in time, gradually NCAFC will be long forgotten, gone, gone forever, like the Top Rank!
I worry they don't just want us out of RP, they want us out of business..... evidence? none....just a gut feeling.
Well if that's their game they're picking a fight with the wrong bull.

Let’s face it unless the WRU are going to subsidise the dragons for millions they are not going to be sustainable with them playing a limited number of games.it makes sense for us to work together.to make Rodney Parade a centre of excellence for sport in Newport.the only reason would not want to do this is the reason that has been talked about for some time is that they don’t want the dragons franchise in Newport but rather in north wales.They have purchased Rodney Parade for next to nothing so selling that asset would more than cover the cost of setting a new region in the north.the dragons need to understand that unless we stick and work together this will happen.but as a club we need to be working on a plan b.
In the meantime what we need is people on the board that can diliver this,unfortunately we haven’t got them.Gavin needs to stand down because as a chairman he has failed on every level the lack of advertising at our matches is a disgrace and when you look at what he has achieved since the take over not a lot,they have just been very lucky with player sell ons an a good cup run.but when the luck runs out we are stuffed.

lowandhard wrote:Ok , where to start eh?
We were let in despite apparently having the wrong wrist bands :shock:
Anyway, we were all celebrating a hard-fought win that took us into a playoff position.
We were happy, celebrating, beers and whiskies all round and celebrating a good day.
On the tv the Liverpool game , we were all laughing and drinking , half time arrives and the tv was turned to SPEEDWAY. Bar empties in 2 minutes and everyone goes to town.
A result apparently because when I queried this with a steward, this was what they wanted! Well I never thought I’d say this but **** ‘em I know when I’m not wanted.
The sooner we get out of RP the better.
just unbelieveable attitude by them was pretty clear we outstayed our welcome,just dont want us there

wattsville_boy wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:This again shows that our future is elsewhere.Unless one of us wins the lottery then Spytty is the best option.We need to start talks with the council now about a long term lease or buying it.We won't be at RP beyond the current lease.
Could such talks already be ongoing?
I doubt it. I can see no future at RP for anybody. The WRU seem intent on screwing County for every penny they can squeeze out of them and any extension on the lease would be at prohibitively high cost. I also think if the Dragons remain uncompetive in the Pro14 that their days are numbered.

Rodney Parade will be all housing within 10 years...
Very sadly, I have to agree with you

whoareya wrote:Am I missing something here - did they flatly refuse to turn it back to the football, or did everyone just meekly shrug, drink up and leave?
They ( steward and bar staff ) weren’t interested mate, they were asked to turn the football back on but said decision nothing to do with them - well who else can you ask? They wanted us gone and they got their wish in a few minutes. Bad business I would have thought but they obviously wanted us out and don’t need our buck, that’s how it appeared and there was no concern from the staff, just a shrug.

Dave John wrote:Hi lowandhard.

I wouldn't know about the terms of hiring a hospitality box but don't you agree what time you are allowed to have the box for?

For example, it's yours from 1.00pm until 6.00pm or something like that. A bit like having a table at some restaurants, you know when the restaurant needs the table back by?
Not the point . This was a football fixture and the fans were in the Bisley suite and naturally expect to be watching the football not speedway. I was with a disabled fan who supports Liverpool and he was massively disappointed by the whole episode, in fact we all were. Bad form, bad business, bad PR and open confirmation that we were not wanted. They may as well have told us to get out or set the dogs on us for all their concern in the matter. Shocking behaviour and abysmal customer relations, many will never return.

Being away for the weekend I missed the game , otherwise I would have been in The Bisley after the game.
Maybe lowandhard( as you have the first hand (bad) experience) a message to Head of Operations Mark Jones may be the way to help us all understand such a poor attitude to the paying customers of the tenants of Rodney Parade.
My guess would be that he is yet another of the hired hands that do not want a football club at the ground.
Be nice to get his response.

newgroundrodney wrote:

**** !! That's cheered me up no end ......