Miracle

It's a miracle than Flynny and his management team have produced the team they have on a reduced budget.
Such a shame that the board have accomplished the exact opposite for the club on the windfall that came our way through the cup run and transfers last season.

Re: Miracle

allontheamber wrote:It's a miracle than Flynny and his management team have produced the team they have on a reduced budget.
Such a shame that the board have accomplished the exact opposite for the club on the windfall that came our way through the cup run and transfers last season.
Ain’t that the truth! :grin:

allontheamber wrote:It's a miracle than Flynny and his management team have produced the team they have on a reduced budget.
The 'windfall' of last year only amounted to just under £200,000 ? What were you expecting to happen from that sum?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
allontheamber wrote:Perhaps some semblance of professionalism
Agree it's sadly lacking, but i think that's more to do with lack off ability rather than money
I think sadly you are right - it is a thankless job and all the board I am sure try hard and also have to hold down their own jobs - however it is becoming increasingly obvious that more professionalism and ability is needed. Otherwise the WRU and the missed opportunities to increase income may mean this is the last season of league football in Newport - despite a good team this year we will go bust.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
The 'windfall' of last year only amounted to just under £200,000 ? What were you expecting to happen from that sum?
Build a new stadium on the old Sainsbury site :shock:

Amberexile wrote:With 3 recent resignations and 2 directors having been in place for more than the expected 3 years, it can't be long before we have the next round of elections to bolster the numbers. It certainly looks like they need some help.
Personally I do not think we have anything to worry about. We have heard for years that the local businessmen were scuppered by the trust in their bid to assume control of the club. Now that the fans have voted for a business model, I am looking forward to perusing their proposals after the next open meeting.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Amberexile wrote:With 3 recent resignations and 2 directors having been in place for more than the expected 3 years, it can't be long before we have the next round of elections to bolster the numbers. It certainly looks like they need some help.
Personally I do not think we have anything to worry about. We have heard for years that the local businessmen were scuppered by the trust in their bid to assume control of the club. Now that the fans have voted for a business model, I am looking forward to perusing their proposals after the next open meeting.
Why so critical? I think you will find that the fans voted for a business model. They did not say, business model and here are my suggestions on whom to contact.

Perhaps you think that they are also part of the hysterical minority that you have previously mentioned. Before you mention it, no I will not cease from asking you this question that you refuse to answer.

The first thing a successful club always needs is a great manager. In Flynny we finally have one and one of our own. Boards are always shite, whats the surprise?

It's a shame such a lot of time is wasted talking about money in the game, when really nothing has changed. (Rememberer when Liverpool were the richest, buy a new one to stay ahead.) Perhaps losers who post on message boards fancy themselves as back driving directors. Probably played too much Fifa.

County will always be County, like Newport itself . Always potential trying to run to catch up with the subsidized rest. Always had to cut our cloth a little tighter, always had to be a little more savvy. Sometimes hit a little harder. Always relied on ourselves, remember when we didn't...-went out of business.

I'm ******* proud of this current era, so cut the winging, enjoy the ride. Port are going up!

You seem to have forgotten that players get summer wages.At least £250k I would guess with no gate receipts against it.Then having to pay Joss,Jackson and Jahraldo another month,£10k+,and our partners the lovely WRU shafting us.

Lost in Willesden wrote:The first thing a successful club always needs is a great manager. In Flynny we finally have one and one of our own. Boards are always shite, whats the surprise?

It's a shame such a lot of time is wasted talking about money in the game, when really nothing has changed. (Rememberer when Liverpool were the richest, buy a new one to stay ahead.) Perhaps losers who post on message boards fancy themselves as back driving directors. Probably played too much Fifa.

County will always be County, like Newport itself . Always potential trying to run to catch up with the subsidized rest. Always had to cut our cloth a little tighter, always had to be a little more savvy. Sometimes hit a little harder. Always relied on ourselves, remember when we didn't...-went out of business.

I'm ******* proud of this current era, so cut the winging, enjoy the ride. Port are going up!

Good post this, some people have short memories when it comes to Flynn. It was the then board that paid for his UEFA coaching course and created a role to keep him in the club, when a former manager wanted him gone. It looks a decent investment now, despite the criticism at the time.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Lost in Willesden wrote:The first thing a successful club always needs is a great manager. In Flynny we finally have one and one of our own. Boards are always shite, whats the surprise?

Good post this, some people have short memories when it comes to Flynn. It was the then board that paid for his UEFA coaching course and created a role to keep him in the club, when a former manager wanted him gone. It looks a decent investment now, despite the criticism at the time.
Not to mention the criticism on this board when he negotiated his contact extension. As you say people have short (and selective) memories.