Re: Arrest yesterday

UPTHEPORT wrote:And well done to the Grimsby fan that reported him
For that to have happened you'd have to assume it was probably skin/ethnicity related. Guessing the detail is on Twitter, anyone know the exact words used?

I'm also intrigued about situations where someone calls someone a <nationality> <big swear> - I couldn't care less about my nationality being used in a derogatory way, I'd probably have more of an issue with the swear, but then again, I guess it would be more that someone was being abusive generally rather than the specifics of what they said that would be the trigger.

SJG99 wrote:

FWIW I'm more interested in whether it was racist as in relating to skin colour, or racist as in sheep related (honestly do any County fans rise to that and have they ever?). Makes a huge difference to me - one is completely unacceptable and suggests a wider prejudice against all people of other skin colours, the other just makes the person look like an idiot for thinking sheep comments are somehow funny.

It never used to bother me either, until one night out in our local Social Club in rural Bucks where my children were referred to as mongrels by what would now be described as 'the EDL type' when told that I was Welsh and my wife English. That our children all went to the same school was irrelevant.

whoareya wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

FWIW I'm more interested in whether it was racist as in relating to skin colour, or racist as in sheep related (honestly do any County fans rise to that and have they ever?). Makes a huge difference to me - one is completely unacceptable and suggests a wider prejudice against all people of other skin colours, the other just makes the person look like an idiot for thinking sheep comments are somehow funny.
It never used to bother me either, until one night out in our local Social Club in rural Bucks where my children were referred to as mongrels by what would now be described as 'the EDL type' when told that I was Welsh and my wife English. That our children all went to the same school was irrelevant.
I'd be more worried if I was them than you, given that EDL types are without fail loser thickoes who exist in binary worlds because they can't do complex thought. Tell him you're British and watch his confused little head explode. :lol:

My gran talks about "Monmouthshire mongrels" due to the ill-defined nature of the English/Welsh border around Mon. before 1974... though I don't think it was intended negatively as the whole family qualifies.

SJG99 wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:I think the miscreant may have been watching too much "Z-list" BB, if you get my drift.
Unfortunately not... :?: :oops:
LOL. I don't watch it either, but the word used (according to the Fishy Forum) was in the news regarding BB. Google Ken Doll complaints.

SJG99 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:And well done to the Grimsby fan that reported him
For that to have happened you'd have to assume it was probably skin/ethnicity related. Guessing the detail is on Twitter, anyone know the exact words used?

I'm also intrigued about situations where someone calls someone a <nationality> <big swear> - I couldn't care less about my nationality being used in a derogatory way, I'd probably have more of an issue with the swear, but then again, I guess it would be more that someone was being abusive generally rather than the specifics of what they said that would be the trigger.
Yes mate, it was the n word

NearlyDead wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:I think the miscreant may have been watching too much "Z-list" BB, if you get my drift.
Unfortunately not... :?: :oops:
LOL. I don't watch it either, but the word used (according to the Fishy Forum) was in the news regarding BB. Google Ken Doll complaints.
Cheers. That's a skin colour one then. What a tool.

Mitch Rose’s wife and child who were sitting close to the ******* who was arrested were understandably upset. I understand Mitch had to join them in the stand to make sure they were ok.
Seems Grimsby are getting a rep for this sort of thing. Akinde had abuse earlier in the season and allegations of abuse directed at Yeovil players on Sat.