Re: County league position

mad norm wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Newport County are 5th in league 2. Just wanted to say that publicly. Never thought we would be in that position at the end of Aug. I must have the looked at the table 10 times today to make sure! Feel better for having said it. Yipeee!
Have your medication
So 10 points from 5 games, that must mean 92 points from 46 matches ? Off to take my tablets now

Cornish Exile wrote:5th on goal difference. Equal 3rd on points.
And 3 points off the top !!!

Reign it in , boys ....... we look fantastic ATM .
But it's a long old season ahead .

Play offs I say , and anything like automatic promotion will send our BOD into meltdown !

We can't afford to go up ........

It is very early days as yet, but we do look OK at the moment. Let's get as many points on the board so we've got the job done ASAP, before any reversal in form occurs, before others improve and the table starts to turn on its head somewhat.
Over the next 1-3 seasons we need to get as high up as we can, so as to make ourselves as attractive as possible to external investment, if indeed that's the route we go down.
Currently we ARE projecting 92 pts for the season, and the fact is some team will end on 92 pts, why can't it be us? ...But yeah it is early days, but looking good.

Oh, and that team that so completely annihilated us apparently on the first game of the season.....how are they getting on eh?

Where possible, I take a look at the opposition forums after games (the ones where you don't have to log in) and there is inevitably some annoyance at being beaten by us but absolutely no acknowledgement that we might have played well (Bakinson aside). I've read that our pitch is to blame, that our ground is odd, that it's a horrible place to come (probably true but it doesn't stop you playing football) and that gamesmanship is our greatest footballing asset.

The good thing is we are flying under the radar, we are being underestimated. The problem is our league position is starting to give the game away. It's early days but, If we continue to progress, I can see teams coming to Rodney Parade and 'parking the bus' in an effort to get something out of the game. It will be interesting to see how things develop.

Pssst, I just checked again and we are still 5th. Tfft!! Seriously though, after reading the comments on here (particularly by Kevin), perhaps I should not have shouted about it. It is great to be underestimated and under the radar. How long can this go on though?

As far as I am concerned let everyone else say we are lucky, crap pitch, biased ref, useless ground, difficult to get to??? etc. Bring it on, we are obviously doing something right on the pitch.

Perhaps we should find some way of feeding the opposition fans forums so that they continue to think we are all of the things above.

Just had a quick check of the Port Vale website prior to Saturday's game. The first two posts are not very optimistic about their chances against us at all. They will settle for a point.

One chap said 'we are willing to settle for a point against the mighty.............Newpôrt County, good God, what have we become'. 'Effin love it. :grin: