If Flynny went to Notts County...

... I wouldn’t blame him.

On this message board alone we have had idiots like Stan Einstein and his cronies criticising him, saying that he is naive, publishing and commenting on his pay, suggesting that his pay is only because of his friendship with Gavin, slagging off to the hills when we lose a couple of games.

You also had the idiots saying the board were wrong to give him in the commercial role when Feeney didn’t want him and the same geniuses who said that he didn’t deserve the extended contact. Thank god the board didn’t listen to these thick idiots!

There is such a massive amount of dickslaps on here and Facebook that I would be surprised If it wants a factor in Flynny leaving and I for one would not blame him. I would be willing to bet good money that Flynny reads this measge board and has not forgotten the shite that people like Einstein have thrown at him.

So maybe before people have a pop at our manager, maybe they should have had a think of what they could lose.

Re: If Flynny went to Notts County...

I am affraid this is the nature of being a manger ,, if Mike had lost his last 7 game s he wd be under pressure and fans as be calling for him to be sacked . After last season's great cup run and great start to the season he will be linked with jobs that become available. And let's not kid our selfs Notts county is a much bigger club than ours . Bigger fan base / budget . Players move on so do mangers its called bettering themselfs ,, its football .

Yes exactly but all we can do is make ourselves more attractive and a side nearer the top of the table and playing good football is better than one destined for non league as we seemed to be last time we appointed a manager. However managers should know the grass aint always greener remember flynny "The green green grass of home. "

worksop amber wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Yeah because he won't get criticism from fans at any other club hey ? ! I despair.
Exactly this exile
Are we the only club with moaning fans
It is the nature of the beast
Win a few best manager ever but lose a few and crap manager lets get rid
Nowt as fickle as football fans in every club in the world and will always be the case

Hold the Back Page "People moaning on Football forum "

You really couldn't make it up

My sense with Flynn is that if he has another good season here (top-half finish, maybe another cup run, keeps improving our style of play and makes a transfer profit), he could move to a side in the league above. At this stage in his career, it's all about making the right choice. Take the wrong job, and his career as a manager could be finished before it's really got going.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:My sense with Flynn is that if he has another good season here (top-half finish, maybe another cup run, keeps improving our style of play and makes a transfer profit), he could move to a side in the league above. At this stage in his career, it's all about making the right choice. Take the wrong job, and his career as a manager could be finished before it's really got going.
Exactly .Where are our ex-managers now who thought they were moving up? Edinburgh, Holdsworth etc

He's in the perfect place to develop his abilities, managerial style and philosophies. What he's already achieved here, the fact he's a former player and a local lad means we'll have more patience with him. We will afford him the time that no other club will. Don't see why he'd move right now, especially to a club in the same division.

George Street-Bridge wrote:The Notts job looks like a real poisoned chalice, at very least until the substantive transfer window reopens.
Strange to see how poorly they're doing, a couple of those bigger signings scored and assisted at RP last week. I was surprised to see how many new players they'd got in though considering how well they were doing last time. Might just be they need a few games to mesh, in which case the next manager could be walking into a perfect situation.

worksop amber wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Yeah because he won't get criticism from fans at any other club hey ? ! I despair.
Exactly this exile
Are we the only club with moaning fans
It is the nature of the beast
Win a few best manager ever but lose a few and crap manager lets get rid
Nowt as fickle as football fans in every club in the world and will always be the case
Spot on in three sentences

It is easy to see why Harry Kewell is favourite. Jason Turner has history in terms of appointing management teams he knows. I would not be surprised if the conversation with Feeney and Kewell had taken place before Nolan's dismissal. It could be a nice little reunion for Feeney and Turner, not to mention our friend Mr.Redwood who works at Hardy's other club, Ilkeston Town.