Re: GRANDSTAND: Oxford Utd (Carabao Cup)

Lenwearesaved wrote:
bishbashbosh wrote:Bet Neil Cork is rubbing his hands with glee at this performance! Will Cooper be the new Robbie?
Why do some supporters seem to want to blame other supporters when things are not going well.
I'm not sure Neil is to blame for the performance... I am merely making an observation of his post match feedback, which has been absent in recent weeks...

rodneyboy wrote:Awful team selection by Flynny.Awful team performance.I'm afraid no one came away with any credit.It was an absolutely terrible performance and not helped by terrible officials.
I thought Bennett played well again to be fair. I think today confirmed that our squad players certainly aren't up to League One level. I feel Oxford felt today how we did against Grimsby on Saturday, they rarely looked troubled and never got out of second gear. The art of being able to see the pass coming and intercept the pass is something that we need to improve if we have ambitions of going up and staying there.

Overall a disappointing performance but the 2 early goals were a sucker punch and it was always going to be tough to get back into it after that.

Not like we were going to win the thing, the league is the priority. Bounce back Vs Port Vale on Saturday please lads. Ta.

Stow Hill Sid wrote:Just beaten by a better team this evening. Fair play they were quick (quick feet, I mean). That's the difference between league one and two, I guess. Shame we gave away two goals so early on. It killed our chances before we got going.

Good news is that we were good in patches and our players and coaches will have learnt a lot.
Their second goal was a PEACH !!
That's all I'm going to say about tonight ....