Re: Last night's Ref

Linesman on the Hazell side didn't help. Worst lino I've seen in a while. The Oxford full-back took a throw-in while stood on the pitch at one point.

How neither of them had the bottle to send the last man off when he pulled down Amond is beyond me. Perhaps if he'd not already sent one off, he would've given a red then. Shocking performance.

DT1892 wrote:Linesman on the Hazell side didn't help. Worst lino I've seen in a while. The Oxford full-back took a throw-in while stood on the pitch at one point.

How neither of them had the bottle to send the last man off when he pulled down Amond is beyond me. Perhaps if he'd not already sent one off, he would've given a red then. Shocking performance.

If you noticed the lineo called that one the ref was waving play on

UPTHEPORT wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Linesman on the Hazell side didn't help. Worst lino I've seen in a while. The Oxford full-back took a throw-in while stood on the pitch at one point.

If you noticed the lineo called that one the ref was waving play on
The amoutn of times Matt was fouled was beyond belief. I guess if you were being critical, you could say that he should have gone to ground to highlight the issue. But it was arms wrapped all around him every single time.

Trouble is I’m no longer outraged by the incompetent f¥ckers, their total uselessness and dishonesty has become par for the course. Just hope that one day they are replaced by robots. Perhaps in the meantime they could be examined to assess whether they have at least the powers of sight and reason because apparently most of them don’t.

at least 6 times he warned their keeper about time wasting but he did absolutely nothing about him continuing to do it....

Did you notice he gave us free kicks in non dangerous positions but turned a blind eye any time we got near their penalty area ?
Matt had an average game but he wasnt helped by the fact that he was being man handled by their centre halfs almost all game and no free kicks were given in our favour.....

3 out of 10 , and thats being very generous

I thought he was really poor. Did nothing about constant time wasting which started about 15 minutes into the game. Bottled the red card after the lino told him it was a foul on Amond.

The one thing that really gets me though. Their keeper comes out in the second half to shepherd the ball out of play. Matt is wrestled to the ground but still manages to keep the ball in play and there is no punishment whatsoever. Anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul but defenders and keepers get away with playing the player and not the ball. I've got no problem in not moving out of the way to let a player go through but moving directly into their path with the sole intention of barging them away from the ball is surely obstruction.

I know he's not the only ref that would let that go (plus the lino who is 5 yards away from it) but at the end of the day we pay our money to watch footballers play football - not waste time or use dodgy tactics to gain advantage. Would like to see the rules guys deal with this so we can watch people playing the game instead of messing around.

So I would:

Make it 35 minutes each half and the clock stops every time the ball is out of play until play restarts to avoid any lost time.

Give a foul against defenders who make deliberate moves to block an attacker to let the ball run out of play.

...but in reality we'll keep getting the same poor officials!

with regards to seeing the ball out of play, it is a foul under the laws of the game if the player does not keep within playing distance of the ball. This is an aspect of the game that seems to get worse as time goes on with players deliberately moving away from the ball to block an opponent.

btw the 6 second rule is also still part of the laws although you would never believe so by watching games.

Like I said earlier, I think extremely poor standards are the norm now, even some at the elite level are fairly crap these days, just think of that Spurs v ManU game and the penalty that wasn’t given - it was so obviously a penalty ( even without Jones’ guilty glance at the ref to see if he’d given it ). That’s the norm for ManU the refs give nothing against them, the norm for Newport County is that they give us nothing. The pattern was set years ago, we have to be careful not to give refs a chance to punish us but in the same game we get nothing given for glaring fouls against us : I think we must have annoyed the L2 refs union or they’re not looked after at the ground, I can’t otherwise explain the treatment we get. As for ever getting a “ homer “ :shock: ..... the last one I remember was at Spytty - that away team’s bus must have run over the ref’s labrador.

Should of booked their keeper but all keepers do it let the game flow when niggly fouls could of been given. We were beaten by far the better side and the amond incident wasn't a red yes a foul he asked the lino of podge could get the ball he couldn't of so that's y only the yellow

stevie83 wrote:Should of booked their keeper but all keepers do it let the game flow when niggly fouls could of been given. We were beaten by far the better side and the amond incident wasn't a red yes a foul he asked the lino of podge could get the ball he couldn't of so that's y only the yellow
He was the last defender so should have gone, how could Podge get the ball when he was pulled back onto his @rse?

lowandhard wrote:
stevie83 wrote:Should of booked their keeper but all keepers do it let the game flow when niggly fouls could of been given. We were beaten by far the better side and the amond incident wasn't a red yes a foul he asked the lino of podge could get the ball he couldn't of so that's y only the yellow
He was the last defender so should have gone, how could Podge get the ball when he was pulled back onto his @rse?
Cause the ball was shite unless he is now usain bolt then no he was never getting there