Re: Police identify 'serious security issues'

newgroundrodney wrote:There must be any number of grounds up and down the country with land, lanes, gullies, hedgerows etc behind them where "terrorists could co-ordinate an attack"...... Spytty Park to name just one.
It's a pretty thin reason to "gift" land.... Any chance they'll gift Spytty to us if that's the case?
There seems to be some confusion regarding the "gifting.

Towards the end of the article, they refer to the "sale" of the land

The Newport wrote:Police identify 'serious security issues' around Rodney Parade

This story in one of your local newspapers will help my research into who really owns Rodney Parade.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... s-15042725
You are wasting your time with your ‘research’.

The WRU are the legal owners of Rodney Pasafe it’s as simple as that. You are looking for something that’s not there.

Lysaght Dancer wrote:
The Newport wrote:Police identify 'serious security issues' around Rodney Parade

This story in one of your local newspapers will help my research into who really owns Rodney Parade.

The WRU are the legal owners of Rodney Pasafe it’s as simple as that. You are looking for something that’s not there.

If you are right in saying that the WRU are the true owners of Rodney Parade.
Why are they asking Newport City Council to give them land or allow them to buy land that they already own?

The Newport wrote:
Lysaght Dancer wrote:

If you are right in saying that the WRU are the true owners of Rodney Parade.
Why are they asking Newport City Council to give them land or allow them to buy land that they already own?
They don’t already own it.

A quick look at the Land Registry will show you the boundaries.

It’s really bizarre that you don’t recognise the legal transaction that took place where the WRU purchased the ground.

The land has been identified as an issue because there is a UK-wide instruction to look at security issues around sporting/music venues and the like, and the area in question is one that malcontents can congregate in close to the venue but over which the venue's owners have no control over to prevent congregations.

I sort of see the logic, but then if the malcontents can't congregate there then they will congregate elsewhere, perhaps outside the main entrance, or in a house somewhere near RP.

Perhaps the WRU should purchase all of Newport, St Mellons, Rogerstone, Chepstow... to militate against such an eventuality.

Rather than buying the land, perhaps a(n armed) police presence instead?

I wonder how much the Council want for it?

If it's affordable we should snap it up quickly as we might be able to make some money on it when it ultimately gets sold for housing.

Better still, we could make life difficult for the WRU and it might (maybe) give a small bit of protection to sport in Newport if we could make life difficult for the WRU in the obvious event of the ground being sold.

rncfc wrote:I wonder how much the Council want for it?

If it's affordable we should snap it up quickly as we might be able to make some money on it when it ultimately gets sold for housing.

Better still, we could make life difficult for the WRU and it might (maybe) give a small bit of protection to sport in Newport if we could make life difficult for the WRU in the obvious event of the ground being sold.
Be realistic
a) they’re not going to sell to us, and
b) we haven’t any money anyway, and
c) what would we do with it ? Build a bowling alley?