Notts County

Reports are that Notts County have approached Crawley to enquire about the availability of their manager Harry Kewell to become their new manager now that they have sacked Kevin Nolan.

One question I ask....................Why ????????

He has a record of 18 wins in 57................................Why do some chairmen think that because a player has played at the top level they will be a good manager ???

Re: Notts County

Trev wrote:Just be happy its not flynny

I did hear a 'rumour' that they may have asked us about him but were put off because he has a 4 year contract and it would cost them a few quid to buy him......I don't have any evidence whether that was true or not ?

neilcork68 wrote:
Trev wrote:Just be happy its not flynny

I did hear a 'rumour' that they may have asked us about him but were put off because he has a 4 year contract and it would cost them a few quid to buy him......I don't have any evidence whether that was true or not ?
So why bother posting it then? :shock: :mrgreen:

neilcork68 wrote:Reports are that Notts County have approached Crawley to enquire about the availability of their manager Harry Kewell to become their new manager now that they have sacked Kevin Nolan.

He has a record of 18 wins in 57................................Why do some chairmen think that because a player has played at the top level they will be a good manager ???

New manager to be announced tomorrow and at least two new players by all accounts. Oh to have a chairman that can afford to invest £500k in Nolan in the summer , sack him after 5 games, pay him off, pay compensation to Crawley and sign even more players.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Reports are that Notts County have approached Crawley to enquire about the availability of their manager Harry Kewell to become their new manager now that they have sacked Kevin Nolan.

New manager to be announced tomorrow and at least two new players by all accounts. Oh to have a chairman that can afford to invest £500k in Nolan in the summer , sack him after 5 games, pay him off, pay compensation to Crawley and sign even more players.
Though if I had the money, I would have done the same. They were a couple of cb’s away from a decent side.

In Kewell’s defence, it took him a long time to get the team set up last season (they’d lost their best player to Luton) but things really began to click in the second half of the season.

People forget he’s manager of Crawley, not Liverpool.