Re: Favourite Non League Grounds

Well I have to say Wokings Kingsfield Stadium.... for several reasons
You can stand a few feet away from the goal on the terracing one end and then have a decent seat in the top quality stand at tother end.
Amazing old stand all corrugated and rustic and has been there many a year on the admin, changing,bar side.
Wonderful informality.
where Geoff Chapple is in an office chatting away totally one of the "boys"on match day
£99' for a season ticket (yes I've got one) great atmosphere .
Top of the league and The MIGHTY port second
:bounce:
Cracking

I' ll start with Bridgnorth Town as my son was the first away Newport County mascot. We lost 0-1 but the team made it a really good occasion for David. He had chosen Steve Lowndes as his special player but Linden Jones did all the 'mascotty' things and was brilliant.
Armitage 90 was memorable especially for tthe smell of pigs. We were awful that day and lost 1-2.
My fathers last game was against Sharpeness wherevwe missed the start as we assumed it was in Sharpness not Strouds ground(FGR). It was 3-0 when we arrived and we won 4-1.

Evesham United with the huge grass railway embankment on one side and actual trains running along the line at the top. I liked the Lawn in Nailsworth too.

I didn't get to Moreton but Meadow Park, Somerton Park and Spytty all qualify for the obvious reason, the latter also because I played against County there, and won a Gwent Amateur Cup Final there too.

Eastleigh similarly, cack ground which is pretty near where I live and unrecognisable from when I played there but I scored from 35 yards against a bunch of Portsmouth fans. :lol:

Kidderminster nice ground Hereford always a good trip have many happy memories of matches at Edgar, Street Robbie Wilmotts last gasp goal in the 3-2 win along with great memories of the late 70s early 80s Howard Goddards penalty winner in the FA cup and going there a couple of weeks later and turning them over 3-0 in the league, beating them 2-0 even though Kevin Moore was sent off during the promotion of 79/80 happy days.