Re: Favourite Non League Grounds

Line-up at Pontlottyn. The closest fit for Bowen would have been Richard Smith.

1. TONY BIRD
2. NORMAN PARSELLE
3. ROBBIE PAINTER
4. BRIAN PREECE
5. MIKE PRATT
6. JOHN HAWKINS
7. RICHARD SMITH
8. ANDREW ELLIS
9. STEVE DOUGHTY
10. DAVE JARVIS
11. CHRIS LILYGREEN

SUBS

STEVE ROWBERRY (Hawkins)
SHAUN O’CONNELL (Pratt)

(W 9-0 – Att-420 – Doughty, Lilygreen-2, Rowberry, Ellis, Hawkins-2, Smith, Preece

Dave John wrote:Being Midland based lucky enough to have been to plenty of friendly grounds.

Drinking with the home fans at Dudley and Moor Green ( I could nearly walk to their old ground ) stand out.

Great pubs and village at Histon.

Racing Club Warwick - just because it's a great name.

... then the edgier games at Bromsgrove and Worcester. The Lamb ( Tamworth ) was always well attended and a good atmosphere.

Far too many to mention.
I remember a steward at Histon telling one of our young fans with an air horn to stop making so much noise! :lol: :lol: :lol: how tinpot was that! Also being excluded from the bar there for some reason . Mostly I agree that apart from the edgy ones mentioned, non-league was much more friendly and good to have a drink with oppo fans, miss that camaraderie tbh.

lowandhard wrote:
Dave John wrote:Being Midland based lucky enough to have been to plenty of friendly grounds.

Drinking with the home fans at Dudley and Moor Green ( I could nearly walk to their old ground ) stand out.

Great pubs and village at Histon.

Racing Club Warwick - just because it's a great name.

... then the edgier games at Bromsgrove and Worcester. The Lamb ( Tamworth ) was always well attended and a good atmosphere.

Far too many to mention.
I remember a steward at Histon telling one of our young fans with an air horn to stop making so much noise! :lol: :lol: :lol: how tinpot was that! Also being excluded from the bar there for some reason . Mostly I agree that apart from the edgy ones mentioned, non-league was much more friendly and good to have a drink with oppo fans, miss that camaraderie tbh.
A friend of mine's son was with their junior team when that game was played. The reason for the ban was not that a large number of County fans were drunk and disorderly.

More drunk and incapable. I remember the half time announcement. The bar will be shut over the interval and will remain shut until after the Newport County supporters coach has left.

I think for Cambridgeshire sensibilities, 'You're my best mate ever you are, I really love you, me and you against the world, eh? Spoken with a slurred Newport accent, was perhaps a tad too full on. :drunken:

George Street-Bridge wrote:Line-up at Pontlottyn. The closest fit for Bowen would have been Richard Smith.

1. TONY BIRD
2. NORMAN PARSELLE
3. ROBBIE PAINTER
4. BRIAN PREECE
5. MIKE PRATT
6. JOHN HAWKINS
7. RICHARD SMITH
8. ANDREW ELLIS
9. STEVE DOUGHTY
10. DAVE JARVIS
11. CHRIS LILYGREEN

SUBS

STEVE ROWBERRY (Hawkins)
SHAUN O’CONNELL (Pratt)

(W 9-0 – Att-420 – Doughty, Lilygreen-2, Rowberry, Ellis, Hawkins-2, Smith, Preece
One of the rags did a great headline,Pontlottyn let a lot in.