Re: Hereford Parking

SULLY34 wrote:Never been before, where's the cheapest place to park ? Cheers
Where/when are you going? Shopping? Edgar Street to watch HU?

Hereford car parking

Merton Meadow, behind the football ground, but not as many spaces as there used to be. Follow link in link above.

If you don't mind a shortish walk, you can usually (IIRC) park along Great Barrs Road or College Road (both over the rail tracks) or along Grandstand Road (racecourse) for free.

Old Market, I know you can pay by card in the machine (open at ground level or covered in multistorey but can be a pig to get into at times on account of Hereford's known traffic issues. Nightmare!). Convenient for shops/cinema and "old" town.

There is street parking free, if you're prepared to walk and you know your way around.

First visit, I'd stick with Merton Meadow (not sure whether updated to take card payment) or Old Market (entrances opposite each other left and right respectively off Edgar Street turning).

You've usually got a longer walk from Merton Meadow (at a brisk pace it takes about 5 or 6 minutes into the "old" part of town) unless you're very early in the morning and can park nearer the entrance.

There are public loos in/near Old Market (which are a godsend if you have prostate issues ;-).

Both very handy for the football ground. And both easy to get into (unless heavy traffic) off the main road in (first exit off the roundabout after going over the bridge and then first right) if you're coming from the Newport/Abergavenny or Ross roads in.

If you fancy something else, the link I gave earlier will give you postcodes for you satnav.

Avoid trying to get in or out at peak times. It really can be a nightmare. One small accident on the main roundabout or the bridge can cause gridlock for miles. It can be that bad.

And be prepared to take about 20 minutes from near the out-of-town Tesco on the A465 to Edgar Street on a Monday-Friday until about 09:30 and on a Saturday after about 10:00.

Having said all that, I bet you sail through :-)

NearlyDead wrote:There is street parking free, if you're prepared to walk and you know your way around.

First visit, I'd stick with Merton Meadow (not sure whether updated to take card payment) or Old Market (entrances opposite each other left and right respectively off Edgar Street turning).

You've usually got a longer walk from Merton Meadow (at a brisk pace it takes about 5 or 6 minutes into the "old" part of town) unless you're very early in the morning and can park nearer the entrance.

There are public loos in/near Old Market (which are a godsend if you have prostate issues ;-).

Both very handy for the football ground. And both easy to get into (unless heavy traffic) off the main road in (first exit off the roundabout after going over the bridge and then first right) if you're coming from the Newport/Abergavenny or Ross roads in.

If you fancy something else, the link I gave earlier will give you postcodes for you satnav.

Avoid trying to get in or out at peak times. It really can be a nightmare. One small accident on the main roundabout or the bridge can cause gridlock for miles. It can be that bad.

And be prepared to take about 20 minutes from near the out-of-town Tesco on the A465 to Edgar Street on a Monday-Friday until about 09:30 and on a Saturday after about 10:00.

Having said all that, I bet you sail through :-)
Thank you, much appreciated.