Re: Announcement in 10 minutes!

From BBC Sports website:-
Bristol City defender Cameron Pring has joined Newport County on loan until January.

The 20-year-old is no stranger to Wales, having spent time on loan at Merthyr Town last season before stints at Aldershot Town and Hereford.

Pring's arrival has been funded by donations from fans.

"They've done us a favour on the wages where a set of fans have paid the wages of the contribution of what we're paying," Newport boss Mike Flynn said.

"When there's a couple of fans who are dipping into their own pockets to pay the wages... to enable us to get someone in it's fantastic and I can't thank them enough.

"But it just goes to show the realities of where we're at as a football club."

Pring could make his debut for the Exiles in Saturday's League Two trip to Port Vale, subject to the required paperwork being cleared in time.

"He can play left midfield, left wing-back or left-back; I've watched him a few times and he's got good pedigree," Flynn added.

"It just goes to show the relationship we have with Bristol City is really good."

Pring joins fellow Bristol City loanees Tyreeq Bakinson and Antoine Semenyo at Rodney Parade.
Interesting comments about fans' contributions. Not mentioned in the Club website announcement, or in the Argus article.

newgroundrodney wrote:Publicprofiler.org allows you to enter a surname, and it'll show you by means of a red 'hot spot' the location of the highest proliferation of that surname.
Pring appears to be the Taunton / Yeovil sort of area.
Yeah, he said Somerset. That website is FUN (for geeks), weirdly it says my surname is Welsh/Celtic but the vast majority of people with it are in a band between Bristol and the West Midlands. Probably as it's an anglicisation of a welsh naming convention, so most people are on the border between England and Wales.

Anyway, bookmarked for further faffery, cheers.

SJG99 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Publicprofiler.org allows you to enter a surname, and it'll show you by means of a red 'hot spot' the location of the highest proliferation of that surname.
Yeah, he said Somerset. That website is FUN (for geeks), weirdly it says my surname is Welsh/Celtic but the vast majority of people with it are in a band between Bristol and the West Midlands. Probably as it's an anglicisation of a welsh naming convention, so most people are on the border between England and Wales.

I think it maybe goes by where people live, more than born, but as the older generation who never moved around much dies out I suppose it'll become more accurate.....but anyway, Somerset it is.

newgroundrodney wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

I think it maybe goes by where people live, more than born, but as the older generation who never moved around much dies out I suppose it'll become more accurate.....but anyway, Somerset it is.
Seems to be based on 1998 Electoral roll at the moment (which an option for one from much earlier), but as it's more of a guide to historical location than actual current data it's more representative as a result.