Re: Conor Washinton

He couldn't finish a bowl of cornflakes. Believe, as a fan of both County & Rangers, nobody is more disappointed in his failure to make the grade* than me. I'd have loved it if he'd become an Rs hero, but he is honestly no better a player than when he left us....still, we made a few bob off him so it's all good.

* EDIT... he hasn't made the grade even though somehow he's managed to scrape a career together.... nice work if you can get it.

newgroundrodney wrote:He couldn't finish a bowl of cornflakes. Believe, as a fan of both County & Rangers, nobody is more disappointed in his failure to make the grade* than me. I'd have loved it if he'd become an Rs hero, but he is honestly no better a player than when he left us....still, we made a few bob off him so it's all good.

* EDIT... he hasn't made the grade even though somehow he's managed to scrape a career together.... nice work if you can get it.
Most people think McClaren is nuts and he must be if he didn't try to recoup some of the £2.5m fee.The fact he's stayed in the Championship makes me think Conor still has managers with confidence in him.You have seen him play and I haven't but surely to give him away is a poor decision .

Percy plunkett wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:He couldn't finish a bowl of cornflakes. Believe, as a fan of both County & Rangers, nobody is more disappointed in his failure to make the grade* than me. I'd have loved it if he'd become an Rs hero, but he is honestly no better a player than when he left us....still, we made a few bob off him so it's all good.

Most people think McClaren is nuts and he must be if he didn't try to recoup some of the £2.5m fee.The fact he's stayed in the Championship makes me think Conor still has managers with confidence in him.You have seen him play and I haven't but surely to give him away is a poor decision .
Mc.Claren may be nuts, but the team I watched beat Wigan the other day played some really neat stuff. There were groans all around when Washington came on as sub. The feeling I get is the fans have had enough waiting for him to actually produce something regularly.
Curently Eberechi Eze and Nehki Wells are our stand out players. I wish Conor well, but so glad he's gone. In reality, we probably needed to relieve some of the wage bill too with Tony Fernandes having stepped down.

17 caps for Northern Ireland?

BertieB wrote:"There were groans all round when Washington came on as sub"----What a ridiculous comment !!
Bob Bassett
Says the man who wasn't there to the man who was. :roll:

I thought he was very unlucky during the week with a teammate clearing off the line from his shot, but that's hardly going to be representative of his entire run!

I can only say, that as Newport County fan, I was so proud to see him in a QPR shirt, but at no time did he ever look like he would get goals, any more than he did at Newport.
I don't buy the international appearances argument either. Personally, he was the same sort of let down at QPR, as Frank Nouble was at County.....promised much, delivered little.

BertieB wrote:OR Perhaps the"groans all round " were from the Peterborough supporters ??????????? ............Bob Bassett

Why would Peterborough fans be at a QPR v Wigan game???
Bob, taking his time at Loftus Rd as a whole, he has been a let down. For me as a Newport fan, so desperate for him to do well, doubly disappointed.
Some of the guys I sit near have even said only half jokingly: "cant you take that useless c*** back with you?"....
He never set the grass alight by any means!

I repeat..........in the midweek action in the Carabao cup, First round ties, Luke Freeman and Pawel Wszolek netted in the opening six minutes as Steve McClaren's QPR defeated Peterborough 2-0 both goals set up by ex Posh striker Conor Washington and for the benefit of the person who mentioned Wigan ????-they were beaten 3-1 by Rotherham.
Bob Bassett