Re: Wales v England

Jonathan Pearce had some front claiming the only reason County had had a bigger attendance was because they'd added the temporary stands for the Spurs game.

There were 5,053 there today. We've had more than that on three occasions in the past 9 months alone.

SJG99 wrote:Jonathan Pearce had some front claiming the only reason County had had a bigger attendance was because they'd added the temporary stands for the Spurs game.

There were 5,053 there today. We've had more than that on three occasions in the past 9 months alone.
Be fair he did comment on how good the pitch was on at least two occasions.He did say 7850 was capacity and this was record crowd for Wales at home which it was.He was complimentary in all fairness.

Percy plunkett wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Jonathan Pearce had some front claiming the only reason County had had a bigger attendance was because they'd added the temporary stands for the Spurs game.

Be fair he did comment on how good the pitch was on at least two occasions.He did say 7850 was capacity and this was record crowd for Wales at home which it was.He was complimentary in all fairness.
He absolutely slated the condition of the pitch "last season" (which is nonsense) in order to say how good it was in comparison now - when it's been fine for over a year already, and made a minimum of two references to how small the pitch was, and generally had a pop at the facilities not being as good as whatever it is the England women's team are used to.

I thought today was a sell out, so the capacity "today" wasn't 7850 was it?

It's likely that if all parts of the ground had been usable then they'd have sold out the 7850, such was the interest.

I don't think Wales should have been allowed to minimise the pitch width, though I understand why they did it.

NearlyDead wrote:I thought today was a sell out, so the capacity "today" wasn't 7850 was it?

It's likely that if all parts of the ground had been usable then they'd have sold out the 7850, such was the interest.

I don't think Wales should have been allowed to minimise the pitch width, though I understand why they did it.
..... and why DID they do it?

Not sure if this is a rhetorical question but generally weaker teams narrow the pitch to reduce space on the wings.

I was at game and sadly England were light years ahead. Wales just lumped it long and the No.9 had very little service. Lining up with a 5-4-1 was always going to lead to a night of defending.

It was a very enjoyable match, England played some great football passing it out from the back. Wales defended really well first half but lacked composure in the 2nd half. Anyone who says women can't play football should've watched last night. That England team would've shown up a few teams in League 2 on a Saturday.

No way would the wonens england team compete with league 2 men they were better than wales though who reminded me of county under westley feeney butcher etc long ball hoof and very generic created virtually nothing all game plenty of effort but no end product sorry to say .

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Isn't it the right of all home teams to mark the dimensions of their pitch as they see fit provided they are within the minimum and maximum set by the EFL ,Uefa etc depending on the competition? Not sure how much the variances can be though.
Yes, I think you are correct. Means the linespersons make a rut in the pitch rather than the astroturf though. Still just one game and good weather...

newgroundrodney wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:
On the presumption that this is what you are getting at, it was to minimise space, to prevent a generally fitter and technically better England running us ragged much earlier in the game.

NearlyDead wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
NearlyDead wrote:
On the presumption that this is what you are getting at, it was to minimise space, to prevent a generally fitter and technically better England running us ragged much earlier in the game.
I wasn't getting at anything, I was just asking the question. So it was tactical then. I'm glad it wasn't made smaller just because they're females.... not that I care about international football of any gender.