Re: Wales v England Ladies

It seems to be growing in popularity so fair enough.

I personally cannot stand it. The standard is just awful, the goalkeeping is hilarious and there's no chance whatsoever that any of the two sides last night would get anywhere near a decent Gwent county side, let alone a national league side.

BBC can carry on forcing the it down the paying publics throat as much as they like but I can't see it taking off in a big way.

In 1985,a bunch of us used to have a kick around on Sunday's at Tredegar Park.One week,a group introduced themselves as Newport Ladies FC and asked could they play us.They played some decent stuff and went 4-1 up.At 75 mins it was 6-6 and we then scored to go in front for the first time.Their heads dropped and they tired and we won 10-6.They asked to play us next week and we agreed.This time we didn't take them so lightly although they still scored first.I think we won about 12-4 that time.They had a manager and trained twice a week while we weren't even a Sunday league team and just turned up every Sunday after a Saturday night pub crawl and a late night curry.Even with our lack of preparation we were still too strong for them and their stamina was gone late on.England ladies have a great fitness regime I'm sure but they would struggle to beat a mans team purely because of gender stamina.

rncfc wrote:I'm looking forward to the transgender world cup making its way onto our screens over the next few years.

Doesn't matter if people are interested, it's all about making sure you are politically correct enough.
Oh no! I hadn’t thought of that but wouldn’t be at all surprised if it happened. If everybody wears rainbow shirts they won’t know who to pass to :grin:

DT1892 wrote:Is showing one game of women's football really forcing it down your throat though? You don't have to watch it.

Politically correct.. :lol:
Have you read the BBC website lately? The last few weeks this (and other) websites have featured last night's game prominently on an almost daily basis, as if the public are at all interested.

It is being forced down our throats, alongside a race to the bottom where gender neutrality is concerned on all levels.

rncfc wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Is showing one game of women's football really forcing it down your throat though? You don't have to watch it.

Have you read the BBC website lately? The last few weeks this (and other) websites have featured last night's game prominently on an almost daily basis, as if the public are at all interested.

It is being forced down our throats, alongside a race to the bottom where gender neutrality is concerned on all levels.
Don't read any of it if you don't want to, it's quite easy to avoid the thousands of articles - I apparently did! Odd that you've suggested that it's an issue of gender neutrality when it was a game between the Wales and England women's national teams.

Last nights game was a pretty big deal for Welsh football, regardless of whatever you think of the level and ability of the players. Probably why the game was sold out, despite the lack of public interest. Don't forget, 50% of the population is female. I'd imagine there's young girls growing up that think that getting to watch Welsh women play was boss. I know of at least 10 from my primary school that went, and I bet they'll tell me they loved it when term starts again.

Again, if you don't like it. Don't watch it.

DT1892 wrote:
rncfc wrote:

Don't read any of it if you don't want to, it's quite easy to avoid the thousands of articles - I apparently did! Odd that you've suggested that it's an issue of gender neutrality when it was a game between the Wales and England women's national teams.

Last nights game was a pretty big deal for Welsh football, regardless of whatever you think of the level and ability of the players. Probably why the game was sold out, despite the lack of public interest. Don't forget, 50% of the population is female. I'd imagine there's young girls growing up that think that getting to watch Welsh women play was boss. I know of at least 10 from my primary school that went, and I bet they'll tell me they loved it when term starts again.

Again, if you don't like it. Don't watch it.
Of course it's about gender neutrality. Why else would our national broadcaster be pushing the women's football agenda so much when the product is so awful? It's because football is popular for men and the world at the moment seems to be obsessed with everything being the same for everyone.

Plenty of sports that women are actually good at which could be shown instead. Netball, gymnastics, tennis, golf, etc.

rncfc wrote:Of course it's about gender neutrality. Why else would our national broadcaster be pushing the women's football agenda so much when the product is so awful? It's because football is popular for men and the world at the moment seems to be obsessed with everything being the same for everyone.
Nonsense. It's nothing to do with 'gender neutrality' or whatever political buzz word you can think of. There's no 'agenda' ffs.

There is a market for women's football, whether you think so or not. The market is nowhere near the size of the men's game, but it still exists. Rodney Parade was sold out within 24 hours. You weren't interested, but many were. Get over it.

Football isn't exclusive to men.
Plenty of sports that women are actually good at which could be shown instead. Netball, gymnastics, tennis, golf, etc.
And when those competitions are on, they are broadcast. Sky have Netball. The BBC often show gymnastics and tennis. Just so happens that there was international football on a Friday night where the Welsh national side could qualify for their first ever World Cup.

I have reffed Womens/girls football they really are a joy to ref no back chat and no hysterics like throwing themselfs on the ground cheating

And the short game passing wise is good

Now the Cons

The Girls really struggle kicking one game I reffed the one keeper could not clear or hardly clear the pen box so putting her team under pressure and they dont like a ball shot towards them and take cover ie ball to head face area