Re: Wales v England Ladies

Corpaboy wrote:My 9 year old son earlier this evening ....

"Dad . Would a side of international women footballers give Newport County a difficult game if they played each other ?"

My answer .....

"You know what , son ? ..... I'm not sure ! Maybe they would ?" :shock:
Nah! Are you serious? The passing, tackling, shooting, ‘keeping were all pretty abysmal, not one of those players would make into a National league side imho. That’s not being sexist , just honest. I thought it was a pretty poor spectacle though England were obviously the better team and at least had players at the back strong enough to clear the ball on the odd occasion it came near them.

lowandhard wrote:

"Dad . Would a side of international women footballers give Newport County a difficult game if they played each other ?"

My answer .....

Nah! Are you serious? The passing, tackling, shooting, ‘keeping were all pretty abysmal, not one of those players would make into a National league side imho. That’s not being sexist , just honest. I thought it was a pretty poor spectacle though England were obviously the better team and at least had players at the back strong enough to clear the ball on the odd occasion it came near them.
No need to apologise for what you observed.

My answer .....

There wasn't a player on the pitch today who'd have got a regular game in a Welsh League third division side, never mind EFL. Now England are by no means a top international team, but even Sweden, Germany, Brazil and the USA have glaring weaknesses you wouldn't see in League Two. And as for the keepers...

I found out today that Cardiff City's ladies team lost 13-1 to Risca United's under 15s boys in a friendly, btw. :lol:

If you're expecting the women's game to be anywhere near the men's, then it's on you. They've only recently had a professional league. Physically, they'll never match the men's game, that's just nature. But technically I'm sure some of the best would put our lads to shame.

Hopefully the start of something for women's football in Wales and will hopefully see more girls take up football and have the opportunity to access the game as much as the boys. Have we still got a Ladies team?