Re: Vale forum

newgroundrodney wrote: Yeah, cos Port Vale are world beaters aren't they! ..... Them & Coventry, the FL's two most forgettable clubs I reckon.
You may perhaps be entertained to discover that Port Vale’s chairman is a Coventry fan. Unfortunately his role in Vale’s decline (which I will say no more on here) is unlikely to ever be forgotten.

JonD wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote: Yeah, cos Port Vale are world beaters aren't they! ..... Them & Coventry, the FL's two most forgettable clubs I reckon.
You may perhaps be entertained to discover that Port Vale’s chairman is a Coventry fan. Unfortunately his role in Vale’s decline (which I will say no more on here) is unlikely to ever be forgotten.
Decline? That word makes them sound like they'd reached some giddying height - hardly the fall of the Roman Empire is it.

They are now up to page 37, most of which seems to focus on Aspin picking the wrong starting eleven, and the 'non penalty'. It was a 50/50 game that ended up 49/51. He clearly did start with a narrow minded approach - lump it up to Pope. The two substitutions late on certainly gave us problems.

I too have noticed that many of the forums have a dim view of us, why I don't know, draw in the FA cup with spurs is something the 'Mighty Vale' still makes me laugh can only dream of. But regarding the 'definite pen' our defender is backing into Pope, whilst Pope is in the air when contact is made our defender is thrown forward raising his arms as anyone off balance will, not a foul, but he can't see Pope or the ball and has any good professional Pope looks like he deliberately heads the ball at the defenders hand, that's just a good pro playing the averages, it didn't pay off for Pope this time, but not a pen.

Dis-allowed wrote:I too have noticed that many of the forums have a dim view of us, why I don't know, draw in the FA cup with spurs is something the 'Mighty Vale' still makes me laugh can only dream of. .
Yeah, because they definitely didn't draw with a double-bound Arsenal in the FA Cup in 1998 (lost on pens), nor beat Spurs in the 1988 competition. They beat Burnley in the League Cup 3 years ago too. :roll:

SJG99 wrote:
Dis-allowed wrote:I too have noticed that many of the forums have a dim view of us, why I don't know, draw in the FA cup with spurs is something the 'Mighty Vale' still makes me laugh can only dream of. .
Yeah, because they definitely didn't draw with a double-bound Arsenal in the FA Cup in 1998 (lost on pens), nor beat Spurs in the 1988 competition. They beat Burnley in the League Cup 3 years ago too. :roll:
Most clubs will be able to go into the dim and distant past and relive former glories. Even lil' old Newpôrt County.

Well sjg99 Port vale are a league two side who are not doing very well, the constant put down of referees in their forum is read by referees, when they disrespect other teams in the league they do themselves no good, every genuine fan wants the other teams to do well financially and survive instead of trashing them in their forums, its at best narrow minded. Look at the plight of Hartlepool, Leyton Orient, etc their fans are in absolute shock, why because the overall management of those clubs didn't get to grips with their league place i.e League two, I have no desire to see Port Vale lose their league status, but if the Vale fans don't wake up and realise other fans can be supportive to their cause no one will care if they drop out of the league. What you don't do is disrespect other teams. You don't comment that any team is a benchmark for awfulness, other fans and teams will turn against that type of language and want to turn Vale over at any opportunity.

daftasfxxx wrote:Up to page 38 now and still moaning ebout tge supposed penalty, about time some of tgem take off there black and white tainted specs watch the video again and see the foul on pipe which caused him to raise his arms
40 pages and counting now! Nearly one whole page is given to explaining why the Pipe incident was a penalty in their opinion. Can't comment because I wasn't there, but someone's cage is definitely rattled. I reckon it will be 46 pages by next Saturday.

UTP - can we organise a poll to guess how many pages there will be by Saturday. :grin:

They got one thing right though:-
I can't get my head round most of our loan players in recent seasons. We seem to pile up lads who are not good enough. Newport on Saturday had a 19 year old up front, Harris, who was arguably one of their best players. He's a regular for them and scored goals already. Why can't we find loan players like him?
:lol:

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:There is now a comment saying that apparently our Team coach had failed to turn up and that the players had to make their own way to Port Vale, many then going without any food. If true, an unsatisfactory situation that raises further questions about our off field issues.
I was going to refute this because I'm sure that on Saturday there was a tweet showing them leaving the coach. However, that seems to have disappeared (or I dreamt it!!).