Budgets

Looking at the table looks very pleasant at the moment long may it continue. My question is budgets, county's is one of the lowest and notts got to be near the top. Do you think players ask for and expect more at those clubs that pay more. Sometimes more money doesn't always lead to success. Just ask Chesterfield.

Re: Budgets

countymadbel wrote:Looking at the table looks very pleasant at the moment long may it continue. My question is budgets, county's is one of the lowest and notts got to be near the top. Do you think players ask for and expect more at those clubs that pay more. Sometimes more money doesn't always lead to success. Just ask Chesterfield.
Agents will recommend their clients go to where the biggest bucks can be made...

countymadbel wrote:Looking at the table looks very pleasant at the moment long may it continue. My question is budgets, county's is one of the lowest and notts got to be near the top. Do you think players ask for and expect more at those clubs that pay more. Sometimes more money doesn't always lead to success. Just ask Chesterfield.
When we were in the Beazer,we were interested in some LOW players.They were on £80 a week there but wanted £150 to play for us.So yes,they thought AFC had money so asked for more.

What I'd like to know is on what period's money is our budget for this season based, because it seems we took quite a few bob into the club, but leaving aside our loan players we only have a squad of 18 players who actually belong to us. One of which is out on loan.
Surely we can afford a squad of 20 + 5 loans?.....

newgroundrodney wrote:What I'd like to know is on what period's money is our budget for this season based, because it seems we took quite a few bob into the club, but leaving aside our loan players we only have a squad of 18 players who actually belong to us. One of which is out on loan.
Obviously we could but equally obviously the 20 would not include all of the 18.

newgroundrodney wrote:What I'd like to know is on what period's money is our budget for this season based, because it seems we took quite a few bob into the club, but leaving aside our loan players we only have a squad of 18 players who actually belong to us. One of which is out on loan.
Didn’t see the most recent accounts - we cannot afford a squad of 18 - why you need 25 players amazes me - quality not quantity is what I would prefer to see.

County ranger wrote:
Didn’t see the most recent accounts - we cannot afford a squad of 18 - why you need 25 players amazes me - quality not quantity is what I would prefer to see.
How do you plan to have quality when three defensive players are injured or suspended at the same time, when we've failed to get anyone from the Academy to the standard needed for EFL football for far too long? Anything under at least 2 players per position with some of them providing cover in other positions is opening yourselves up to losing games purely from fielding poor players who the opposition can simply exploit. Football is an o-ring game: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/wh ... -you-think - minimising errors is the most important thing for success, especially at a level where every team makes them.

(The Numbers Game is a great book btw, and that link has a funny anecdote about Toshack and Keegan's televised ESP test).