Re: oldham

For those unable to attend any of our games , be they home or away for whatever reason you can watch EVERY GAME on ''ifollow''

All you have to do is set yourself up with an INTERNATIONAL web address and sign up.. Its not a patch on the real experience but its better than nowt....Due to work, family , finances etc not everyone can get to every County game ....£8 out of the £10 fee goes to the club when someone signs up so its a good income stream too....If the club could get a regular income I am sure they would be happy....I dont think it would effect/affect the attendance at games that much. We have a hard core of around the 3000
Last week we had 3 games in 8 days....If a parent takes his kid / kids you are looking at the best part of £50+ per game...Not everyone is in the position to pay this much in one weeks budget....So if they get to 1 or 2 of the games and pay the £10 to watch via ''ifollow'' it doesnt make them any less of a fan than someone who is at every game. We would all love to go to every game but the simple facts are some cant.

neilcork68 wrote:For those unable to attend any of our games , be they home or away for whatever reason you can watch EVERY GAME on ''ifollow''

All you have to do is set yourself up with an INTERNATIONAL web address and sign up.. Its not a patch on the real experience but its better than nowt....Due to work, family , finances etc not everyone can get to every County game ....£8 out of the £10 fee goes to the club when someone signs up so its a good income stream too....If the club could get a regular income I am sure they would be happy....I dont think it would effect/affect the attendance at games that much. We have a hard core of around the 3000
Last week we had 3 games in 8 days....If a parent takes his kid / kids you are looking at the best part of £50+ per game...Not everyone is in the position to pay this much in one weeks budget....So if they get to 1 or 2 of the games and pay the £10 to watch via ''ifollow'' it doesnt make them any less of a fan than someone who is at every game. We would all love to go to every game but the simple facts are some cant.
I should add that just having a international address is no longer good enough. You need to make sure that your IP address is coming from aboard. Normally you could do this with a VPN, however Ifollow have started blocking VPN's to prevent this from happening.

Obviously VPNs would be an option, though tbh I didn't even know the international service existed until this season.

I'm amused to see the phrase "international web address", what does that even mean? Do you mean a "non-obviously identifiable as UK (i.e. not a .co.uk) email address"?

They've almost certainly been blocking IPs for over a year (necessary as soon as the service was non-UK only) and apparently recently blocking VPN IPs (because they're usually static). Some VPNs don't support streaming speeds as well, though you won't find that out until you're paying for it and your bandwidth is being throttled or the international latency is killing your pictures.

I'm just disappointed none of us lot have pitched up on reddit soccer streams requesting the games yet. :lol:

SJG99 wrote:Obviously VPNs would be an option, though tbh I didn't even know the international service existed until this season.

I'm amused to see the phrase "international web address", what does that even mean? Do you mean a "non-obviously identifiable as UK (i.e. not a .co.uk) email address"?

They've almost certainly been blocking IPs for over a year (necessary as soon as the service was non-UK only) and apparently recently blocking VPN IPs (because they're usually static). Some VPNs don't support streaming speeds as well, though you won't find that out until you're paying for it and your bandwidth is being throttled or the international latency is killing your pictures.

I'm just disappointed none of us lot have pitched up on reddit soccer streams requesting the games yet. :lol:
I've been praying that someone pop up a stream of reddit soccer streams lol