Re: oldham

Percy plunkett wrote:Oldham are offering £2 discount to buy in advance.Wonder if their fans are angry at the so called £2 matchday surcharge like some on here.
I'm glad I'm not going, given that my options to have a ticket sent to me expired at 11:30am today which was *before* the club posted the ticket arrangements.

If I don't get someone in Newport to get me a ticket and meet them there, I either get to pay £2 postage (not this time though, offer expired) or £2 on the day. Unlike home tickets, where you've got to go to RP to see the game anyway and can therefore collect them then, that's actually an inconvenience and additional cost. :roll:

Might pop to AFC Stoneham v Cirencester in the FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round instead. :shock:

Percy plunkett wrote:Oldham are offering £2 discount to buy in advance.Wonder if their fans are angry at the so called £2 matchday surcharge like some on here.
The 'surcharge' quoted on the website is for buying in the ticket office, rather than online. So, you can buy in advance in the ticket office/shop and pay £2 more than if you buy online on the morning of a match. Doesn't apply to me, other than cup matches, because I have a season ticket but that is grossly unfair to those who aren't comfortable or au fait with online dealings (and, yes, there are still plenty of those about).

Why not go and ask their fans how happy they are with how their club is being managed?

Using a complete basket case like Oldham as the benchmark is probably a bit daft really.

daftasfxxx wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
and Callum Brain apparently.
excuse my ignorance .Is he an academy player?
He's a 15 year old academy starlet according to the report
Yes he is - I coached him for a short while.
Has the potential to go all the way and a lovely lad too.

pembsexile wrote:Let me get this right. In my mind we have at least three out for Saturday. Is this right? Harris, Semenyo and Crofts. Not all for the same reason though. Gonna be tough without em. Hope there are no more injuries.
Not forgetting Willmot and Foulston

From the names given above, we have 10 of last Saturday's starting 11 available and all three of the substitutes that were used.

I understand Flynn getting his excuses in early but if we lose it won't be because players who in the main haven't been playing aren't available. Harris being the notable exception but a position we were well aware of when we arranged the loan.

George Street-Bridge wrote:With a small squad we're probably better off getting the game out of the way before suspensions kick in and peak early-season fitness wears off.
Maybe, but of course suspensions, injuries can affect all teams, Often just a matter of luck (good or bad). We'll probably find ourselves in a worst position before the season ends, as will others.

SJG99 wrote:
I'm glad I'm not going, given that my options to have a ticket sent to me expired at 11:30am today which was *before* the club posted the ticket arrangements.

If I don't get someone in Newport to get me a ticket and meet them there, I either get to pay £2 postage (not this time though, offer expired) or £2 on the day. Unlike home tickets, where you've got to go to RP to see the game anyway and can therefore collect them then, that's actually an inconvenience and additional cost. :roll:

Might pop to AFC Stoneham v Cirencester in the FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round instead. :shock:
Cant you phone the Oldham ticket office, buy a ticket in advance and pick it up from the ground on the day?

whoareya wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

Cant you phone the Oldham ticket office, buy a ticket in advance and pick it up from the ground on the day?
No idea, as I said, I'm not going. Worth considering though!