Re: Denmark v Wales

Wales overplayed the ball at a frenetic pace. We failed to create and use space effectively. We turned into arsenal playing too many passes just outside the box.

Bale was working hard for the whole team for the first 3/4 of the match. This unfortunately makes him less effective as a forward threat..

Thought Denmark were quite dirty, fouling us on the break. They should have had more cards.

OH well, it gives Giggs and the players some information to work on.

lowandhard wrote:Eriksen and Delaney killed us almost on their own. Bale had a mare, Hennesy scares me to death and Ampadu ( great little player ) was out of position most of the time due to design or accident I wonder. Good lesson for Giggs

Hennessey was the one that stopped it being a cricket score.
I don't think Denmark are a good side, in fact take out Eriksen and they're bang average, but we made them look like world beaters

Exile 1976 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Eriksen and Delaney killed us almost on their own. Bale had a mare, Hennesy scares me to death and Ampadu ( great little player ) was out of position most of the time due to design or accident I wonder. Good lesson for Giggs

Hennessey was the one that stopped it being a cricket score.
I don't think Denmark are a good side, in fact take out Eriksen and they're bang average, but we made them look like world beaters
He may have made a few saves but he looks bewildered on corners/crosses

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
penycwm county wrote:inability to keep hold of the ball today, looked like a different team today
Illustrates the old adage that you are only as good as the opposition allows you to be. The reality is that Denmark are at a higher level than Wales currently
Try telling that to a Port Vale or Oldham fan !!!
:cheers:

Not arguing with the result, although the penalty was a tad harsh, but did the Denmark players have an agreement in place about not getting booked? Ericsson, Kjaer committed obvious bookable offences, plus a couple of the others too. Wouldn’t have changed the result, but could have consequences later in the group.