Re: This forum .......

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:could it actually mean that people are struggling to find something to moan about? I'm sure it won't last
Same old situation really. People want to see a succesful team first and foremost in most cases; if that is happening the background stuff becomes less prominent. Obviously as soon as we start losing games, crowds drop off and we start to struggle again then people return to highlight the very obvious problems with an amateur setup at a professional club.

Come off it, even Mike Flynn stated how "light-touch" we are behind the scenes when he reported upon the signing of Pring last week. Being second in the league changes nothing for me. In fact, if we could sell the club now we might even have a chance of staying there!

rncfc wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:could it actually mean that people are struggling to find something to moan about? I'm sure it won't last
Same old situation really. People want to see a succesful team first and foremost in most cases; if that is happening the background stuff becomes less prominent. Obviously as soon as we start losing games, crowds drop off and we start to struggle again then people return to highlight the very obvious problems with an amateur setup at a professional club.

Come off it, even Mike Flynn stated how "light-touch" we are behind the scenes when he reported upon the signing of Pring last week. Being second in the league changes nothing for me. In fact, if we could sell the club now we might even have a chance of staying there!
Would still like to know what’s happening regarding our RP presence but have now given up asking what our plans are for the future shop, ticketing etc . Nothing forthcoming from the club so most have given up asking.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Are we hoping to be updated on all matters at the meeting 20th September? Or is that forlorn?

Only time will tell
Tbh I don’t know whether I’ll bother. Will only get what they want us to here and then obfuscation. Bit fed up, I’ve gone to most meetings before but now am dubious of how much we get to be told.

My posting will be vastly reduced from hereon in, certainly in terms of starting new topics.
The three or four 'put up or shut up' merchants have left me feeling it's best to avoid any expression of opinion that even remotely resembles a criticism.
From time to time I'll update Mike Flynn's league record for those that like to read it, but generally speaking my posts / new topics will be few and far between. Whatever i can't find out fom the official site I'll do without.
One thing that DOES worry me is that we'll leave too close to the end of the lease to do anything about the stadium, and that we'll be given little to no info prior to that.
I hope I am wrong though.....time will tell.

lowandhard wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Are we hoping to be updated on all matters at the meeting 20th September? Or is that forlorn?

Only time will tell
Tbh I don’t know whether I’ll bother. Will only get what they want us to here and then obfuscation. Bit fed up, I’ve gone to most meetings before but now am dubious of how much we get to be told.
Surely the onus is on those who are able to attend to ask pertinent questions and to be persistent until they get a direct answer. I do agree that from the videos I have seen that these events are seemingly tightly managed to try and avoid any uncomfortable moments.
To me it would make more sense if these meetings were to follow a County game, and therefore to try and maximise the attendance.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

Only time will tell
Surely the onus is on those who are able to attend to ask pertinent questions and to be persistent until they get a direct answer. I do agree that from the videos I have seen that these events are seemingly tightly managed to try and avoid any uncomfortable moments.
To me it would make more sense if these meetings were to follow a County game, and therefore to try and maximise the attendance.
I'm not sure how an open Q & A session can be tightly managed.

It seems to me that those who make the most noise can't be bothered to attend.