Mr Les Scadding

Has all ties with Mr Scadding been severed ? If they have I think its a sad thing,-- I think that if that IS a fact, it might be a reason why no one seems keen to be involved with the club financially, OK so Uncle Les used it, to give himself a short time in the spotlight at Wembley,---- SO ????---- can you blame him?? , I think most any football fan would relish the idea, I would !! I also enjoyed being in the crowd at two County appearances at Wembley ,----- back in the 1950 if you had said County would EVER play at Wembley you would have been locked up. Bob Bassett

Re: Mr Les Scadding

BertieB wrote:Has all ties with Mr Scadding been severed ? If they have I think its a sad thing,-- I think that if that IS a fact, it might be a reason why no one seems keen to be involved with the club financially, OK so Uncle Les used it, to give himself a short time in the spotlight at Wembley,---- SO ????---- can you blame him?? , I think most any football fan would relish the idea, I would !! I also enjoyed being in the crowd at two County appearances at Wembley ,----- back in the 1950 if you had said County would EVER play at Wembley you would have been locked up. Bob Bassett
Yes.

It isn't, whilst the money was helpful in getting us back to the League, we've also had to pay off the debt accumulated due to not being a viable business with expensive overheads. I have no problem with investment but some semblance of business sense would have been useful.

So indeed.

I'd want to build the infrastructure and create a permanent legacy tbh.

I enjoyed the Playoff Final more than the FA Trophy.

That's mainly because you had to play in the FA Cup Final to do that in those days. Now it's a lot easier.

If a simple question about Les Scadding has caused so many " time gymnastics", I must say its not exactly any surprise that County never seem to make any progress toward getting their own stadium and have gradually slipped to being tenants, third behind a rugby team, Newport RFC, and a mickey mouse outfit, the "Donkeys"... Oops !!........sorry ,the "dragons" who always seem to have an evening match, immaterial what the weather is like,----- they'll play,--- the day before, County have a home match !!,

BertieB wrote:If a simple question about Les Scadding has caused so many " time gymnastics", I must say its not exactly any surprise that County never seem to make any progress toward getting their own stadium and have gradually slipped to being tenants, third behind a rugby team, Newport RFC, and a mickey mouse outfit, the "Donkeys"... Oops !!........sorry ,the "dragons" who always seem to have an evening match, immaterial what the weather is like,----- they'll play,--- the day before, County have a home match !!,
Personally, I think that all the localish loan moves and Flynny becoming friendly with clubs like Bristol City (I know Bristol Rugby play there as well), etc would definitely work in our favour if our lease isn't extended at RP and we haven't got another stadium in place, in terms of a temporary groundshare within 30 mins to an hour from Newport.. So perhaps we are making progress off the pitch by building bridges with other clubs.

BertieB wrote:If a simple question about Les Scadding has caused so many " time gymnastics", I must say its not exactly any surprise that County never seem to make any progress toward getting their own stadium and have gradually slipped to being tenants, third behind a rugby team, Newport RFC, and a mickey mouse outfit, the "Donkeys"... Oops !!........sorry ,the "dragons" who always seem to have an evening match, immaterial what the weather is like,----- they'll play,--- the day before, County have a home match !!,
I blame the men in suits and Radio Welsh Wales Bertie :shock:

Your reasoning is remarkable. The (6 part, rambling) question didn't cause any time gymnastics, trying to work out what you were trying to say did.

Suggesting that there's a relationship between how long it takes to answer a confused rambling question and that being responsible for the club not having their own ground is just bizarre.

Plus we haven't "slipped to be tenants", we've been tenants everywhere since selling Somerton Park back to the council in the 80s. The status of the club is higher than at any point since about 1986.

If you're implying we're less important than the rugby clubs, the club has primacy of fixtures as it is a condition of EFL membership. The rest is down to the need for sensible scheduling, which again has nothing to do with the status of the club, as we get first pick. We also don't control the weather.
Last edited by SJG99 on September 10th, 2018, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SJG99 wrote:
Your reasoning is remarkable. The (6 part, rambling) question didn't cause any time gymnastics, trying to work out what you were trying to say did.

Suggesting that there's a relationship between how long it takes to answer a confused rambling question is responsible for the club not having their own ground is just bizarre.

Plus we haven't "slipped to be tenants", we've been tenants everywhere since selling Somerton Park back to the council in the 80s. The status of the club is higher than at any point since about 1986.

If you're implying we're less important than the rugby clubs, the club has primacy of fixtures as it is a condition of EFL membership. The rest is down to the need for sensible scheduling, which again has nothing to do with the status of the club, as we get first pick. We also don't control the weather.
Stop talking sense, you do know you’re on the County messageboard, don’t you? :lol: