Re: Oldham v County.

Micheal wrote:Arrogance of the highest order
* The (pre-match) tongue-in-cheek comments soon ascended into Four Yorkshiremen territory:

We're a MASSIVE club in this division. It's their cup final.

Probably the biggest fixture in the entire history of Newport County.

If they win, I expect its a bank holiday in Newport.
If they don't bring 12,000 and take over the town again - they should fold.

Miles bigger that their European Cup Winners Cup quarter final this.

My source in South Wales tells me that they’ve already sold 10,000 half and half scarves and they’re also beaming the game back to Rodney Parade for those who couldn’t get tickets to see them play such a huge club.

I heard they're opening the ground early for the Newport fans who just want to stand in the famous Chadderton Road Stand and soak up the atmosphere

Saturday's game is also why Latics have been advertising for extra stewards throughout the week. This lot will plan on pitch invading regardless of whether they get the result - BP turf will be proudly displayed on mantelpieces across Newport for decades to come.

I can't believe we have to share a division with clubs like this, another reason why we need and will walk the league this year ..

Surely this has to be the biggest divisional mismatch since Villa vs Burton? Much larger gap in club size for this one though, obviously.

* a complimentary post-match comment:

Thought Newport did a typical away job on us.
Solid and organised in defence, soaked up whatever pressure we threw at them then nicked one when they could.
Something they probably trained for all week and executed it perfectly.

* and some sour grapes:

The most disappointing aspect of today's performance is we now sit 10th when we could so easily be sat in 2nd.

ExiledIn Ealing wrote:
* The (pre-match) tongue-in-cheek comments soon ascended into Four Yorkshiremen territory:

My source in South Wales tells me that they’ve already sold 10,000 half and half scarves and they’re also beaming the game back to Rodney Parade for those who couldn’t get tickets to see them play such a huge club.

I heard they're opening the ground early for the Newport fans who just want to stand in the famous Chadderton Road Stand and soak up the atmosphere

Saturday's game is also why Latics have been advertising for extra stewards throughout the week. This lot will plan on pitch invading regardless of whether they get the result - BP turf will be proudly displayed on mantelpieces across Newport for decades to come.

I can't believe we have to share a division with clubs like this, another reason why we need and will walk the league this year ..

Surely this has to be the biggest divisional mismatch since Villa vs Burton? Much larger gap in club size for this one though, obviously.

Solid and organised in defence, soaked up whatever pressure we threw at them then nicked one when they could.

* and some sour grapes:

The most disappointing aspect of today's performance is we now sit 10th when we could so easily be sat in 2nd.

Most of that is tounge and cheek stuff

ExiledIn Ealing wrote:

* and some sour grapes:

Lets log on to their forum boys and fill our boots!!! (Should have done it last week to Port Vale, the week before, Grimbo) :cheers:

Evening all.

Without sounding arrogant this league is going to send me and many other Oldham fans into early graves. You came for the point and came away with all three. You had 8 men back at times at 0-0 and when the goal went in (cracking finish) that was that, we could have played til Christmas.

Fair play to the travelling contingent as well!

I really cant foresee you staying at the higher end of the division with this style for much longer. We are rather hopeless going forward. Those comments on our forum are rather tongue in cheek, any humor helps to keep the time passing.

ExiledIn Ealing wrote:

* and some sour grapes:

Ahh rght I see it is funny fair play
Oldham? Luxury We used to dreeeem of playing oldham

OldhamInPeace wrote:Evening all.

Without sounding arrogant this league is going to send me and many other Oldham fans into early graves. You came for the point and came away with all three. You had 8 men back at times at 0-0 and when the goal went in (cracking finish) that was that, we could have played til Christmas.

Fair play to the travelling contingent as well!

I really cant foresee you staying at the higher end of the division with this style for much longer. We are rather hopeless going forward. Those comments on our forum are rather tongue in cheek, any humor helps to keep the time passing.
Fair do's to you for coming on here. However, you are wrong about us coming for the point. Michael Flynn said in his press conference this week that we would be going for all three.

Glad to see that northern humour is still in place as well.

Just to give you an idea of the gripes of some of our fans here - there have been a few comments on opposition forums this season (Grimsby, Notts Cty and Port Vale last week) suggesting that it was awful that their precious teams were beaten by li'l ole' Newpôrt County. Oh dear, how sad, never mind. Now, there's a good Welsh humorous phrase for you. :grin: