Re: Swindon game

Percy plunkett wrote:£10k should matter to us,it covers about half the wages this week or pay Flynn for a month with a bit left over.
After you've deducted the proportion of the WRU staging costs not covered by the gate money and the win bonuses, but yes £10k should matter to us.

Amberexile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:£10k should matter to us,it covers about half the wages this week or pay Flynn for a month with a bit left over.
After you've deducted the proportion of the WRU staging costs not covered by the gate money and the win bonuses, but yes £10k should matter to us.
I may be oversimplify this, but isn't it a case of priorities. Given our finite resources (fit and available players) , which would appear to be less than most, surely the league has to be the priority, even given the potential financial benefit.

Amberexile wrote:
I may be oversimplify this, but isn't it a case of priorities. Given our finite resources (fit and available players) , which would appear to be less than most, surely the league has to be the priority, even given the potential financial benefit.

Sorry I am wrong. I was confused by a strange wording of the rule regarding Full Available Strength. It says "Each EFL club shall play it's FAS in and during all matches". But then it says that FAS includes four qualifying players in the starting line-out. So despite saying "during all matches" it seems that you could replace three of the four with non qualifying players during the game.

G Guest wrote:Sorry I am wrong. I was confused by a strange wording of the rule regarding Full Available Strength. It says "Each EFL club shall play it's FAS in and during all matches". But then it says that FAS includes four qualifying players in the starting line-out. So despite saying "during all matches" it seems that you could replace three of the four with non qualifying players during the game.
If you read one of the other threads I've done a detailed breakdown of which players are "Qualifying" players, of whom we need to field 4.

We've barely got enough non-qualifying players to break the rules!

Though last night's side was about as inexperienced as we could get within those parameters. Only Pring, Cooper and Semenyo didn't qualify yesterday, so despite only picking (I think) just 3 players who started the last match we nevertheless fielded 7 qualifying players.