Re: Swindon game

These are the regs for EFL clubs. I think they may be relaxed from last season?

7.1 In all rounds of the Competition a player shall be a “registered player” of his Club.

7.2 For the EFL Clubs, a registered player is one who:

7.2.1 would be registered and eligible to participate in a match in the League Competition for that EFL Club commencing at the same time and on the same date as the Match in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations; or

7.2.2 would be so eligible but for the fact that they are registered on a Long Term Loan at a club playing in the National League (National Division, North Division or South Division) but by the agreement of the Club, the National League club and the Player he has permission to return to play in this Competition.

7.3 Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4 Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season);

Loyalfoot wrote:Who is injured or can't play Tuesday?
Not sure as yet. Would agree that the effort Amond puts into every game, it would be wise to rest him. I assume Harris and samenyo will be unavailable. Wilmott still not ready. Croft has he ever really been fully fit? Foulston situation ?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:Who is injured or can't play Tuesday?
Not sure as yet. Would agree that the effort Amond puts into every game, it would be wise to rest him. I assume Harris and samenyo will be unavailable. Wilmott still not ready. Croft has he ever really been fully fit? Foulston situation ?
p.s. Would it be sensible to give Pring some game time?

If the maximum number of changes that can be made is five then perhaps it wise to look at whom within the squad needs to play, rather than who needs a rest. Looking at the squad I would say Pring and O'Brien in defence, Crofts and Marsh-Brown in midfield and probably Semenyo "up front". Obviously this depends on fitness levels of those listed above (is Crofts fully fit yet and is Semenyo having any after-effects following his concussion?) and whether those that played on Saturday have picked up a knock. I'd personally add Townsend to the above list because we need our reserve goalie to be "match-ready" should Day suffer an injury.

So perm any five from that six...

wattsville_boy wrote:If the maximum number of changes that can be made is five then perhaps it wise to look at whom within the squad needs to play, rather than who needs a rest. Looking at the squad I would say Pring and O'Brien in defence, Crofts and Marsh-Brown in midfield and probably Semenyo "up front". Obviously this depends on fitness levels of those listed above (is Crofts fully fit yet and is Semenyo having any after-effects following his concussion?) and whether those that played on Saturday have picked up a knock. I'd personally add Townsend to the above list because we need our reserve goalie to be "match-ready" should Day suffer an injury.

So perm any five from that six...
Can't disagree with any of that.