Re: Kewell - Notts County

They do look a team in disarray don't they.

To allow Nolan hundreds of thousands this summer to sign predominately strikers then sacking him after 5 games seems strange.

It just goes to prove that having an owner who subsidises massive losses every year is no guarantee for success,it is amazing to think they were 5/1 for promotion and sit bottom with a goal difference of -14 after just 7 games.
Last edited by Alan G Bryant on September 9th, 2018, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I did post at the time that I thought that them appointing him was a big mystery to me. Ian Holloway said exactly the same on the Quest FL highlight show last night

He has hardly set the world alight with his management record at Crawley and then gets appointed by a club in total disarray ???

I saw extended highlights of the game this morning and they look a very poor outfit. ( I have a friend who is a Notts County fan and he posted me a video saying watch this crap )...In fact they seem to have got worse since Nolan was sacked....I can see them replacing him by Christmas unless there is a massive change in their play.......#totalmadness

neilcork68 wrote:I did post at the time that I thought that them appointing him was a big mystery to me. Ian Holloway said exactly the same on the Quest FL highlight show last night

He has hardly set the world alight with his management record at Crawley and then gets appointed by a club in total disarray ???

I saw extended highlights of the game this morning and they look a very poor outfit. ( I have a friend who is a Notts County fan and he posted me a video saying watch this crap )...In fact they seem to have got worse since Nolan was sacked....I can see them replacing him by Christmas unless there is a massive change in their play.......#totalmadness
I have just read that they are looking to sign unattached players to bolster the defence. He also signed an out of contract Elliot Ward just last week and put him straight in as captain.

It is a pretty damning assessment of Nolan's recruitment policy.