YEOVIL ATTENDANCE? .... Higher or Lower?...

Early days yet, but so far, the average number of Newport County fans listed as in attendance at LEAGUE games stands at 2929 ..
With our good start to the season, I'd like to think we'll get an increase of 15% on the average.
So I'd like to think we'll have at least 3368 County fans through the gates. With Yeovil doing relatively well early on, you'd like to think they could increase last season's 291 visitors to 400+..... so I'm looking at a total gate of 3768.
Any fewer than that, is probably a poor show, in view of how well both teams are doing.

But as far as County fans go, average is 2929....... so do we think we'll be higher or lower than 2929?

Any opinions welcome.

Re: YEOVIL ATTENDANCE? .... Higher or Lower?...

newgroundrodney wrote:Early days yet, but so far, the average number of Newport County fans listed as in attendance at LEAGUE games stands at 2929 ..
With our good start to the season, I'd like to think we'll get an increase of 15% on the average.
So I'd like to think we'll have at least 3368 County fans through the gates. With Yeovil doing relatively well early on, you'd like to think they could increase last season's 291 visitors to 400+..... so I'm looking at a total gate of 3768.
Any fewer than that, is probably a poor show, in view of how well both teams are doing.

But as far as County fans go, average is 2929....... so do we think we'll be higher or lower than 2929?

Any opinions welcome.
Pretty certain it will be higher after our good start last year and the great escape momentum we managed 4,332 at home against Chesterfield 3752 against Wycombe and then 2916 against Cheltenham (a tuesday night game). So i think getting up to around the average last year of ~3400 achievable.

It should be higher - four wins on the bounce, playing good football, joint top of league - if it is not then we must accept reality we will always be a small club with no money. Sadly I remain to be convinced that Newport people want a league football team despite the benefits to the city.

This said I do wonder whether the club are pushing the game and the success we are having I am seeing nothing it is up to my own interest to know there is a game on Saturday!!

County ranger wrote:It should be higher - four wins on the bounce, playing good football, joint top of league - if it is not then we must accept reality we will always be a small club with no money. Sadly I remain to be convinced that Newport people want a league football team despite the benefits to the city.

This said I do wonder whether the club are pushing the game and the success we are having I am seeing nothing it is up to my own interest to know there is a game on Saturday!!
Unfortunately the reality is the majority of Newport people do not want or are indifferent as to wether it has a football league team or not. However even a minority of the population, plus exiles like myself. can be counted in the 10s of thousands who do want it. Getting them to care enough to actually pay to attend a game on a regular basis is another matter.
Of course a succesful team will inevitably attract more support, therefore i am confident we will have our highest gate of the season so far.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Apparently there are reports on Twitter that the South End uncovered stand is closed and unavailable to Yeovil fans. All they can have is the Bisley by all accounts.
So they couldnt bring many even if they wanted to if its true.
How many would that restrict them to if true?
About 300 I'd say ??
They won't bring even that , so I can see the reasoning behind this decision as the demand won't be there
If we'd given them 300 allocation and they sold out with more interest for more , then fair enough . But they won't !

Regardless of the away numbers , if we can't attract 4K home fans for this , then we are struggling .

The situation with no permanent Shop/Ticket Office at RP is killing us .

Spurs v Liverpool as well at 12:30 , so expect a queue right back to Corpa Road at 2.55 ..... then they'll complain about the queue

Corpaboy wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Apparently there are reports on Twitter that the South End uncovered stand is closed and unavailable to Yeovil fans. All they can have is the Bisley by all accounts.
So they couldnt bring many even if they wanted to if its true.
How many would that restrict them to if true?
About 300 I'd say ??
They won't bring even that , so I can see the reasoning behind this decision as the demand won't be there
If we'd given them 300 allocation and they sold out with more interest for more , then fair enough . But they won't !

Regardless of the away numbers , if we can't attract 4K home fans for this , then we are struggling .

The situation with no permanent Shop/Ticket Office at RP is killing us .

Spurs v Liverpool as well at 12:30 , so expect a queue right back to Corpa Road at 2.55 ..... then they'll complain about the queue
Is there still no movement on the ticketing/shop at RP, are we negotiating or is it a dead duck?