Re: Exiles v Glovers

Goddard & woods wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:Yes but what is our biggest home defeat?
Don't know for sure but remember being beaten 7-0 or 7-1 at home by Barnet in 88/89 but that result may not stand in the record books as we did not complete the season.
I remember it well, oddly enough our next game was a draw with Yeovil of all teams. Our results were expunged in February 89.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Goddard & woods wrote:
Don't know for sure but remember being beaten 7-0 or 7-1 at home by Barnet in 88/89 but that result may not stand in the record books as we did not complete the season.
I remember it well, oddly enough our next game was a draw with Yeovil of all teams. Our results were expunged in February 89.
I wish Saturday's result could be expunged! Sounds like a dead cake.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Goddard & woods wrote:
Ironically, these two games were featured in Saturday's programme.

Loyalfoot wrote:How did I know NEIL was going to have his dig after being quiet since the start of the season. I wonder why........
Apart from the Mansfield game where IMO we were a yard off the pace due to our poor pre season have I commented on any of the defeats we have had this season ????? I think you will find the answer is NO to save you the time looking ...

After that embarrassment on Saturday the players , manager and his team served up ANY fan who paid there hard earned is entitled to have a go at them...In fact I am quite shocked at how reserved the board has been.
Next time the team feel like playing like that too a man please can they let us know so we can save our money , or give it to charity.
I can take any defeat to a better team on the chin as long as the team put in a shift...Apart from Bennett nobody else was even worth a mention after that gutless display

It's taken me a few days to calm down after this result. I don't think I've ever seen us play this badly in all the years I've been at the club supporting. I cannot understand for the life of me what the problem was with the players after playing so well recently.

I think the only player to stand up and show any fight for me is Robbie Willmott. He showed nothing but desire and played for the badge fully, just wish more of the boys would follow his lead.

But I for one cannot wait until Tranmere. I'll be there on the terrace with my beer in my hand singing...

"Ole, Ole, Ole, County, County"

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Not sure why you have jumped to that conclusion. We were still in the game up until the second goal. I didn't ever get the impression we had given up, but at regular intervals we conceded sloppy goals. Yeovil were certainly the best team we've played this season. As one team's confidence slumped, the other's rose. (Very) bad day at the office, but it doesn't signify a meltdown.

DaveParade wrote:It's taken me a few days to calm down after this result. I don't think I've ever seen us play this badly in all the years I've been at the club supporting. I cannot understand for the life of me what the problem was with the players after playing so well recently.

I think the only player to stand up and show any fight for me is Robbie Willmott. He showed nothing but desire and played for the badge fully, just wish more of the boys would follow his lead.

But I for one cannot wait until Tranmere. I'll be there on the terrace with my beer in my hand singing...

"Ole, Ole, Ole, County, County"

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1:
Agree about Wilmott. Unfortunately he showed too much desire and got sent off. Not so long ago his tackle would have been applauded by everyone not resulted in a red card.

excessbee wrote:Not sure why you have jumped to that conclusion. We were still in the game up until the second goal. I didn't ever get the impression we had given up, but at regular intervals we conceded sloppy goals. Yeovil were certainly the best team we've played this season. As one team's confidence slumped, the other's rose. (Very) bad day at the office, but it doesn't signify a meltdown.
Firstly I haven't jumped to any conclusion. I have indicated what I think may have happened. When everyone plays badly it strikes me that there is usually a cause. The Forest Green result happened when a majority of the players went on the p!as for the night.

If three or four players had off days it might be a coincidence, the whole team though?

Edit.

One of my problems with certain posters is that they, perhaps inadvertently, delete all nuance and thus scupper sensible debate and comment. If 'I could be wrong' and 'if I had to bet my guess would be..' don't make it obvious enough that I am passing a conjecture and have not 'jumped' to any 'conclusion' then I just don't know who to make myself any more clear. :shock:

neilcork68 wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:How did I know NEIL was going to have his dig after being quiet since the start of the season. I wonder why........
Apart from the Mansfield game where IMO we were a yard off the pace due to our poor pre season have I commented on any of the defeats we have had this season ????? I think you will find the answer is NO to save you the time looking ...

After that embarrassment on Saturday the players , manager and his team served up ANY fan who paid there hard earned is entitled to have a go at them...In fact I am quite shocked at how reserved the board has been.
Next time the team feel like playing like that too a man please can they let us know so we can save our money , or give it to charity.
I can take any defeat to a better team on the chin as long as the team put in a shift...Apart from Bennett nobody else was even worth a mention after that gutless display
"Apart from Bennett" who was at fault for two of the goals