Re: Exiles v Glovers

PerthDave wrote:Our wins this season were all by a single goal so tight margins for sure ... Yesterday was a surreal mare but we've seen it before ...
we bounced back after the Plymouth game during the great escape not so long ago. Back us to get something away to Tranmere and home to Cambridge it's just a shame that we will lose 1000 off the gate...

rgds Dave
Agreed. I remember thinking after witnessing our 6 - 1 defeat at Argyle "that's any chance of survival down the pan". As you say, we bounced back from that, we can do it again.

We play win bonuses fair enough,but they still get full wages for performances like that.MF should fine himself and the players for yesterday and fine Willmott double.Of course he won't do that,he calls it one of those days.I agree with Lowandhard,If I painted your house and had runs,misses and paint on the curtains and carpets you'd refuse to pay me.I can't imagine anyone would say"Percy did a great job of next door and my uncle so I won't complain because everyone has off days".Why should footballers get away with it.

Percy plunkett wrote:We play win bonuses fair enough,but they still get full wages for performances like that.MF should fine himself and the players for yesterday and fine Willmott double.Of course he won't do that,he calls it one of those days.I agree with Lowandhard,If I painted your house and had runs,misses and paint on the curtains and carpets you'd refuse to pay me.I can't imagine anyone would say"Percy did a great job of next door and my uncle so I won't complain because everyone has off days".Why should footballers get away with it.
They're not allowed to fine players for results, the PFA (rightly IMO) wouldn't allow it.

SJG99 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:We play win bonuses fair enough,but they still get full wages for performances like that.MF should fine himself and the players for yesterday and fine Willmott double.Of course he won't do that,he calls it one of those days.I agree with Lowandhard,If I painted your house and had runs,misses and paint on the curtains and carpets you'd refuse to pay me.I can't imagine anyone would say"Percy did a great job of next door and my uncle so I won't complain because everyone has off days".Why should footballers get away with it.
They're not allowed to fine players for results, the PFA (rightly IMO) wouldn't allow it.
Percy wasn't suggesting that they get fined for a poor result. He said, 'they still get full wages for performances like that'. There is a distinct difference.

Or it could just be that Yeovil were by far the better side on the day , with an extra week to prepare , and we were caught cold ..... FREEZING actually .

We all feel shite after yesterday's shower , but we'll bounce back , I'm sure .

I'm more disappointed with the fact we had a bigger crowd than usual , and we lose 6-0 at Fortness Rodney !!!
The fickle Newport public will no doubt be thinking "**** this !!! I'll spend that £19 on something else next time !"

Agree to some extent with corpaboy, the biggest disappointment in the long term will be the loss of income from those extra supporters from yesterday for many games to come, possibly the rest of the season.

A team who had won 5 out of 7 league games before yesterday can't be beyond redemption, so given yesterdays disaster how would posters respond in way of team changes for Tranmere, given our limited options, Wholesale changes, a few changes or say same again in order not to further destroy what I presume must be fragile confidences, and players who appeared 'shell-shock' yesterday.

I note the player mostly pick out for criticism is Joe Day. Is now the right time to 'blood' Townsend or back Day given his previous good performances?