Re: Exiles v Glovers

excessbee wrote:Not sure why you have jumped to that conclusion. We were still in the game up until the second goal. I didn't ever get the impression we had given up, but at regular intervals we conceded sloppy goals. Yeovil were certainly the best team we've played this season. As one team's confidence slumped, the other's rose. (Very) bad day at the office, but it doesn't signify a meltdown.
thats very much how i saw the game also

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:Not sure why you have jumped to that conclusion. We were still in the game up until the second goal. I didn't ever get the impression we had given up, but at regular intervals we conceded sloppy goals. Yeovil were certainly the best team we've played this season. As one team's confidence slumped, the other's rose. (Very) bad day at the office, but it doesn't signify a meltdown.
Firstly I haven't jumped to any conclusion. I have indicated what I think may have happened. When everyone plays badly it strikes me that there is usually a cause. The Forest Green result happened when a majority of the players went on the p!as for the night.

If three or four players had off days it might be a coincidence, the whole team though?

Edit.

One of my problems with certain posters is that they, perhaps inadvertently, delete all nuance and thus scupper sensible debate and comment. If 'I could be wrong' and 'if I had to bet my guess would be..' don't make it obvious enough that I am passing a conjecture and have not 'jumped' to any 'conclusion' then I just don't know who to make myself any more clear. :shock:
All I suggested was that, based on a few postings, speculation of a
major bust up was a strange outcome. Everyone who saw the game has said how poorly we played, no one else has hinted at that possible scenario.

excessbee wrote:
major bust up was a strange outcome. Everyone who saw the game has said how poorly we played, no one else has hinted at that possible scenario.
I am afraid what you are saying is not correct.

A number of posters have said that the entire team lacked fight and were shambolic.

My experience is when everyone or nearly everyone is effected by the same malaise there is usually a common cause. The most usual is a bust up. I am suggesting that this is the most likely of a number of possible scenario. I am not sure what your point is regarding no one else hinting at such a scenario. If I were dealing with what you say on a perfectly logical basis it would be you are saying that I am only allowed to pass comment if another poster has raised the same point. I am sure that's not what you did mean, but I don't have a clue as to the point you are trying to make.

Caerleon Exile wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:Your right at least he showed some passion just a shame he got sent off.
Yes Robbie!

At least you showed passion mate. Just a shame it was right in front of their bench. Their reaction got you the red IMO.

See you in a few weeks :cheers:

That's not passion, that's sheer stupidity and it was his ridiculous lunge that got him a deserved red card not the oppo's bench reaction ... and just as he's back to fitness too, & with our small squad we need all the players available as possible, we lose him again. Utter tool.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:
I am afraid what you are saying is not correct.

A number of posters have said that the entire team lacked fight and were shambolic.

My experience is when everyone or nearly everyone is effected by the same malaise there is usually a common cause. The most usual is a bust up. I am suggesting that this is the most likely of a number of possible scenario. I am not sure what your point is regarding no one else hinting at such a scenario. If I were dealing with what you say on a perfectly logical basis it would be you are saying that I am only allowed to pass comment if another poster has raised the same point. I am sure that's not what you did mean, but I don't have a clue as to the point you are trying to make.
Whilst I hope that your summary is incorrect, I was actually at the game, and IMHO we were totally caught out by several inferior individual performances on our part, plus opponents who were "fresh out of the blocks" having had an extra week off, and very good opponents to boot! whilst also considering our 2 previous superb hardworking away performances, possibly creating "a perfect storm scenario" for such a result? I probably agree that in squad comparisons we have been "punching above our weight" on the pitch, however whilst appreciating "opinion is king" Such opinion based on guesswork brings what to the messageboard other than negativity?

pembsexile wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:We play win bonuses fair enough,but they still get full wages for performances like that.MF should fine himself and the players for yesterday and fine Willmott double.Of course he won't do that,he calls it one of those days.I agree with Lowandhard,If I painted your house and had runs,misses and paint on the curtains and carpets you'd refuse to pay me.I can't imagine anyone would say"Percy did a great job of next door and my uncle so I won't complain because everyone has off days".Why should footballers get away with it.
They're not allowed to fine players for results, the PFA (rightly IMO) wouldn't allow it.
Percy wasn't suggesting that they get fined for a poor result. He said, 'they still get full wages for performances like that'. There is a distinct difference.
I've highlighted where he said exactly what I said he said for you. :roll:

Fao SGJ99
Please show me where the word result is. He mentioned performance.

I saw County play against Carl Zeiss Jena at home. I thought their performance was absolutely outstanding and was very proud of them. Didn't alter the result though did it?

If you cannot accept that there is a difference between performance and result that is your problem and there really is no point in discussing it further.

SJG99 wrote:There's obviously a difference in the two. But it's irrelevant when it comes to fines.

You can't be fined for performance. You can be fined for disciplinary matters (eg Willmott being sent off), or de facto offences like not training, refusing to play, etc.

Agree. However, for what it is worth, my opinion is that it would be nice if there was some sort of redress against the players for that performance. I have no idea in what form and you never know, the players might have sorted it out themselves. That would be nice. Cmon the County.

Caerleon Exile wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:Your right at least he showed some passion just a shame he got sent off.
Yes Robbie!

At least you showed passion mate. Just a shame it was right in front of their bench. Their reaction got you the red IMO.

See you in a few weeks :cheers:

He should have been sent off for the earlier high tackle he made before the one he did...That's not 'passion' that's b loody stupidity