Re: Exiles v Glovers

flat4 wrote:Shocking.. the whole team, management and BOD should return all the home fans their ticket money after that fraudulent display.
Hope this is not a sign of things to come.
Yeovil have a budget almost 3 times ours, so any blame must also sit with us all along with the Trust model, as financially it is not fit for purpose in the EFL.
That said, as the game progressed I thought that it also exposed MF’s strategic frailties. There were times yesterday when he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights as the Yeovil onslaught continued.

I left at 5-0 and went over the Dodger, I was not surprised hearing it was 6-0.
I put it down to a bad day at the office, we all have them, we've been riding our luck lately and this was bound to happen.
I'll be at Tranmere next Saturday and I look forward to the reaction of the team.
Flynny should get them in for training this morning and work hard on the shortfalls.
Chris

Loyalfoot wrote:It's amazing one bad result and look at the reaction from the LOYAL FANS. O M G get real

I know. We only ever seem to be one bad (ok it was a shocker) result away from fans chucking their ST away or never coming to watch us again.
None of us thought we'd have 16pts after just 8 games, we are going to have bad days at the office, everyone does, that's League 2 football.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:It's amazing one bad result and look at the reaction from the LOYAL FANS. O M G get real

I know. We only ever seem to be one bad (ok it was a shocker) result away from fans chucking their ST away or never coming to watch us again.
None of us thought we'd have 16pts after just 8 games, we are going to have bad days at the office, everyone does, that's League 2 football.
We're still third in the league. I'm putting yesterday down as a regression to the mean (statistically speaking). :grin:

The ref missed a blatant push in the back for their second goal, but we should have been able to pick ourselves up from that. Sheehan and Bakinson never got in the game, Butler couldn't get forward and Amond and Harris were cut off with no supply. The red card incurring a three-game ban near the end of a game long lost was a pub team foul.

Team ??? No, 11 individuals walked on that pitch yesterday and the only one who liked like he even knew where he was was Franks and he was just as poor as the others.
I would have a bit of respect for wilmott if he just said to Flynn I don’t want to go on, as he looked totally disinterested in going on and that continued on the pitch to the point he so obviously made sure he won’t be back on any time soon.
The management team were no different to the rest of the players, there was no enthusiasm no shouting or coaching, very much the same demeanour as at Swindon a game they weren’t pushing the boat out to win.
In short the whole bunch came out of the dressing room like as if someone had just told them somebody had died, shell shocked before the game started.
All that said I truly believe they’ll bounce back next week.

(We are desperate for a defensive midfielder)

Alright here’s my two pennorth. I don’t buy the “ bad day at the office “ crap. If I had had such a day at my office, half of my patients would be dead. The whole team performance and level of application from everyone including management was abysmal.
I don’t mind losing a football match to a better team - and Yeovil were certainly that - but the performance itself was so far below what a professional team should produce that it defies description. We always manage to produce such garbage in front of a decent crowd.
I was also unimpressed by the manager’s response. Pipe substituted when at least he was trying with passion, albeit unsuccessfully, to get us back into the game. I can only surmise that he said too much at half-time. My response would have been as follows, I felt Day, Bennett and Butler ( much as I usually like them ) were “ having a mare “, Day especially looked as if he was having a nervous breakdown. I would have subbed all three and to replace Butler would have used the young left back from Bristol who may have had the pace to match Green who was happily and gleefully “ ripping us a new one “ all afternoon.
We were outmuscled, outfought, outthought and outskilled all afternoon and much as I hate singling out individuals, imho I have never seen such an incompetent display from a league goalkeeper. I know that many modern ‘keepers don’t “come” but Day has made it an art form : he has surrendered his 6-yard box to anyone willing to be there - if we don’t watch out there will soon be a travellers encampment fully ensconced between our uprights. I thought he was at least partly responsible for four of those goals ( although I haven’t seen the video to check my first impressions ) and the last was completely beyond a joke, pure slapstick. I know that by then that “ his head had gone “ which is why he should never have still been on the pitch.
Flynn instead of his little clapping episode after the game, should have sent the buggers over BarAmber to apologise to the fans and have them back in today for analysis and training .
The extra poison in the icing on the cake was that there were fans at that game who had travelled from the USA to be there to watch that debacle, if we had the money we should pay for the psychotherapy that they are now bound to need to aid their recovery. As you can see , I’m still angry at yesterday’s total fuckup as I’m sure are many others.
I know I’ll get the usual “stop knocking the club” posts but I don’t give a sh!t, I think it necessary to reflect the level of disappointment that I witnessed from fans I talked to after the game. If the team get praise for a good performance then they should expect to get criticism for an appalling one.

Yeovil did their homework. Most of our play starts from lwb or rwb. Yeovil man marked butler and pipe when we had the ball. We had no answer, tried going through the middle but Sheehan couldn't get into game and that number 20 was all over him like a rash. Factor in the number of defensive mistakes, especially miscommunication between Mickey and Joe for the second goal, which on another day may have been given as a foul on Mickey.

Second half. Flynns hand was forced to make changes. Bennett is not a midfielder, he can't control the ball, and is slow off the mark. You could see the formation and players were not comfortable playing a 443.

Oh well, bad day at office. Not worried, setbacks under Flynn seem to be reversed pretty quickly as was case this year and last year after Mansfield games. Sometimes it's good to have a reality check, maybe not a 6-0 at home in front of a bumper crowd though!