Re: Exiles v Glovers

lowandhard wrote:
excessbee wrote:Anyone who puts the blame on Joe Day should think back to the Oldham match when he secured three points with his performance late in the game. But hang on......... you probably didn't see that.

I'd rather we lose six nil once than two nil three times.
Would you say the same about a surgeon who saved a patients life last week but yesterday cut a head off by mistake? Wouldn’t it be worth comment?
As for your second sentence, well yes of course and I’d also rather lose 46-0 ( despite the record book embarrassment) rather than 1-0 forty-six times, so what?

No. But then again I wouldn't make ridiculous comparisons between footballers and surgeons

Our wins this season were all by a single goal so tight margins for sure ... Yesterday was a surreal mare but we've seen it before ...
we bounced back after the Plymouth game during the great escape not so long ago. Back us to get something away to Tranmere and home to Cambridge it's just a shame that we will lose 1000 off the gate...

rgds Dave

One point about Yeovil they weren't a side I hated losing to. Their fans were good, their manager and players weren't WUM's and just got on with it. There was no dirty or foul play from them, they were just a good all round outfit. No hard feelings from me.

Worth noting that I thought Darren Way did a masterstroke subbing Warren and allowing him to get the accolades from the home fans. He turned around and mouthed "great player". Can't argue with that, a fantastic player. Good to see Warren hang around at the end for photos and handshakes as well. A County legend and I for one wish we still had him. He was excellent at the back with that 7ft giant.

PerthDave wrote:Our wins this season were all by a single goal so tight margins for sure ... Yesterday was a surreal mare but we've seen it before ...
we bounced back after the Plymouth game during the great escape not so long ago. Back us to get something away to Tranmere and home to Cambridge it's just a shame that we will lose 1000 off the gate...

rgds Dave
Yes that result has cost us a lot of floating fans and a pile of money, imagine that extra thousand going home enthused and waiting for the next game. Instead they slouched off probably thinking we’re a load of donkeys who were in a false league position.

Exile 1976 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
excessbee wrote:Anyone who puts the blame on Joe Day should think back to the Oldham match when he secured three points with his performance late in the game. But hang on......... you probably didn't see that.

Would you say the same about a surgeon who saved a patients life last week but yesterday cut a head off by mistake? Wouldn’t it be worth comment?
As for your second sentence, well yes of course and I’d also rather lose 46-0 ( despite the record book embarrassment) rather than 1-0 forty-six times, so what?

No. But then again I wouldn't make ridiculous comparisons between footballers and surgeons
:grin: I bow to your restraint mate :grin: Thing is though if you’re worthy of being lionised one week , you must be capable of being criticised the next

lowandhard wrote:

Your response only holds up if you can cite an example of a surgeon who cut off a patient's head in error. As you can't, it's a nonsensical comment.

excessbee wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

Your response only holds up if you can cite an example of a surgeon who cut off a patient's head in error. As you can't, it's a nonsensical comment.

I was of course exaggerating for effect and maybe to cause a wry smile, substitute the severed head for a fatal prescribing error.

I've supported County since 1950 and yesterdays display must be one of the worst ever, I left after 80 minutes, and I still cant believe how bad they were, it wasn,t just a bad result, it was after reading in the Argus, player after player all saying about the togetherness of the squad, the fighting spirit and the confident predictions of promotion capabilities etc etc I always believed that it IS much better to do the job and AFTERWARDS explain what it felt like to succeed.
Think about it County !!.....................Bob Bassett

excessbee wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

Will this do?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 44696.html

lowandhard wrote:Alright here’s my two pennorth. I don’t buy the “ bad day at the office “ crap. If I had had such a day at my office, half of my patients would be dead. The whole team performance and level of application from everyone including management was abysmal.
I don’t mind losing a football match to a better team - and Yeovil were certainly that - but the performance itself was so far below what a professional team should produce that it defies description. We always manage to produce such garbage in front of a decent crowd.
I was also unimpressed by the manager’s response. Pipe substituted when at least he was trying with passion, albeit unsuccessfully, to get us back into the game. I can only surmise that he said too much at half-time. My response would have been as follows, I felt Day, Bennett and Butler ( much as I usually like them ) were “ having a mare “, Day especially looked as if he was having a nervous breakdown. I would have subbed all three and to replace Butler would have used the young left back from Bristol who may have had the pace to match Green who was happily and gleefully “ ripping us a new one “ all afternoon.
We were outmuscled, outfought, outthought and outskilled all afternoon and much as I hate singling out individuals, imho I have never seen such an incompetent display from a league goalkeeper. I know that many modern ‘keepers don’t “come” but Day has made it an art form : he has surrendered his 6-yard box to anyone willing to be there - if we don’t watch out there will soon be a travellers encampment fully ensconced between our uprights. I thought he was at least partly responsible for four of those goals ( although I haven’t seen the video to check my first impressions ) and the last was completely beyond a joke, pure slapstick. I know that by then that “ his head had gone “ which is why he should never have still been on the pitch.
Flynn instead of his little clapping episode after the game, should have sent the buggers over BarAmber to apologise to the fans and have them back in today for analysis and training .
The extra poison in the icing on the cake was that there were fans at that game who had travelled from the USA to be there to watch that debacle, if we had the money we should pay for the psychotherapy that they are now bound to need to aid their recovery. As you can see , I’m still angry at yesterday’s total fuckup as I’m sure are many others.
I know I’ll get the usual “stop knocking the club” posts but I don’t give a sh!t, I think it necessary to reflect the level of disappointment that I witnessed from fans I talked to after the game. If the team get praise for a good performance then they should expect to get criticism for an appalling one.

what an excellent post and should be the response of EVERY FAN whether they are regulars , armchair fans , amber tinted spec fans , doom mongers etc.....
Absolutely 100 % correct on how we should ALL feel and not believe the normal Bull S hite that MF came out with to explain such a dire performance from HIS TEAM ..... And I dont give two thoughts to anyone if it upsets them with my post.

That was a totally un professional performance , a complete shambles irrelevant of what MF has done in the past , present or will do in the future

So he helps us win one game and then plays like that....so instead of having 6 points we have 3........HE WAS TO BLAME for at least three goals.....AS for saving us and helping us to win at OLDHAM....THAT'S HIS JOB or he shouldn't be playing in the goal for us....#totalcrap

Loyalfoot wrote:It's the Anti Willmott Brigade back with there same old boring comments.

Yes Joe had a bad day but just looking back look how few fans commented on his good performances.

MY only post on Wilmott was that I believe he should have been sent off for his earlier challenge when the ref had words with him...It happened right in front of me and he went in with his studs showing. IMO a straight red.
If it upsets anyone......TOUGH

Caerleon Exile wrote:I still don't think it was a red. The reaction of the bench got him sent off. He won the ball. Yellow maybe but not a red for me.
I've seen the highlights and it was the reddest red card that ever was given. Two footed lunge, studs up, straight through the guy. "Winning the ball" is irrelevant if it's done in a dangerous manner.

Other than that, yeesh.

Still third though, and if we win five narrowly then get thrashed once every six matches all through the rest of the season I'd take that, as we'll go up.