Re: Supporters trust, open meeting 20th Sept

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Great news for you Brendan.If you take up the ex-pats membership,you will get a bespoke polo shirt that changes colour every year.That's worth the £250 on its own,a shirt that thinks it's a chameleon.
I am not even going to try to guess what the f@ck you're on about Percy. :grin:
To elucidate Stan, such a perk is available in the expats membership package including a game I believe. Bargain mate :grin:

abf9 wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Threadbare wrote:As I it the cabbage patch /old club house area was being looked at for hotel/bars/restaurants and the leisure centre.
If so that would involve the local authority as a stakeholder and hopefully secure thte future of RP as a sporting venue on the land that remains.
So, hopefully that would stop The Dragons moving ( bad news for us if they did) and again hopefully would allow us to enter into a future agreement to stay at RP with the WRU benefiting from our income. Newport RFC don't contribute to WRU( unless I am wrong) , and the Dragons don't really play many home games, so I guess our expenditure is of some value to the WRU
Some good points there. I personally don't see the dragons moving anytime soon, if as i believe they are compiling plans to redevelop the 'cabbage patch' along the lines you mentioned. Hardly the actions of a club possibly re-locating in the near future. Also i seem to recall that NRFC were granted permission to play at RP rent free for 10years from the time the WRU took possession.
Wrong.It was as long as the Dragons play there.
Yes i was wrong about the ten years. The WRU spokesman said at the time of takeover he was looking initially at 5 years and 'if we do not get the backing of the rugby people of Gwent in 5 years we all know where it will end'

[/quote]
Yes i was wrong about the ten years. The WRU spokesman said at the time of takeover he was looking initially at 5 years and 'if we do not get the backing of the rugby people of Gwent in 5 years we all know where it will end'[/quote]

If we do have to leave RP could Sardis Road be a possible new venue? Stands on either side 8000 capacity and not far from Newport. Don't know if football league standard though.

aberexile wrote:
Yes i was wrong about the ten years. The WRU spokesman said at the time of takeover he was looking initially at 5 years and 'if we do not get the backing of the rugby people of Gwent in 5 years we all know where it will end'[/quote]

If we do have to leave RP could Sardis Road be a possible new venue? Stands on either side 8000 capacity and not far from Newport. Don't know if football league standard though.[/quote]

Currently has an artificial pitch.

aberexile wrote:

If we do have to leave RP could Sardis Road be a possible new venue? Stands on either side 8000 capacity and not far from Newport. Don't know if football league standard though.[/quote]

Currently has an artificial pitch?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
aberexile wrote:
Yes i was wrong about the ten years. The WRU spokesman said at the time of takeover he was looking initially at 5 years and 'if we do not get the backing of the rugby people of Gwent in 5 years we all know where it will end'

Currently has an artificial pitch?[/quote]

Yes, looks like you're right - ripping up one artificial pitch and laying another one from what I read on Wales Online. Shame that, looks like a nice little ground.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:There are only two choices.

Work with Dragons and Newport City Council to share Rodney Parade as a shared Newport facility. Or return to Spytty and Conference South.
Which is strange, as I'm fairly sure I recall us playing in the Conference at Spytty...
We may have the odd season at Tier 5. But oddly I can recall relegation to Tier 7 at Spytty. We will find a level at tier 6 at Spytty.

Now stop trying to be sarcastic, if you want to debate great, if you want to try being sarcastic with me you're way out of your league.
I don't debate with people who think others' opinions are wrong, so I won't be wasting my time responding to you any more, and to be absolutely clear, this forum was far more enjoyable when you were banned. As for sarcasm, you haven't got a hope nor a clue.

I don’t understand the rejoicing at being unable to see somebody else’s view but whatever rocks your boat. Having said that this thread would be better used when put to arguing about the future model and the best ways of raising funds including trust membership levels. This needs constant publication to the fans so that adequate contribution levels are (hopefully) reached.
I thought the expats membership was a good idea and gives such fans a clear way to help the club out. It’s up to all of us now.