Re: Supporters trust, open meeting 20th Sept

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
The NCFC Hippy wrote:Unfortunately I could not attend the meeting last night as a bit poorly, but from what I can gather the biggest news is that the Trust are going to offer alternative levels of Trust Membership, depending on how much one pays a month.

For me, investors apart (and that's another story) this is the definite way forward -
It's madness that us Trust members (1400 odd) pay only £10 per year membership.
All well run Trust clubs utilise the Trust to bring in much more revenue.
The offer of starting with £5 onto £10 onto more per month from existing and hopefully new Trust members is very logical and achievable. There will be those of us who for whatever reason choose not to give, I'm not passing judgement on that.
But for me even if all 1400 of us went from giving the yearly tenner and gaining £14,000 to giving the minimum £60 per year we would see a jump to £84,000 (£70,00 more coming into the club), hopefully more if we all gave more, £10 per month is 33p a day etc.
This makes a genuine difference to a club like ours and for me is a great idea waiting to be done. So well done all.
I am not saying the trust board is perfect, I'm not saying we don't want investors, but for actions rather than debating this has to be done and I'll defo sign up for more input and hope more of us 'supporters' old and new do so too.
U.T.C

Colin,

That is commendable. However even if we could get 1000 to follow you example it would increase our annual income by only £120,000.

The real solution is to increase our gates. 300 adults at £17 a game is £5,100. x 23 equals £123,300. 300 paying adults per match is a more realistic target.

That is not meant as any criticism of yourself, nor anyone making a contribution.
Shouldn't we be aspiring to both
Yes. But I think it will be difficult to get 1,000 to pay £10 a month.

But my view is that we should look at all ways of raising revenue. Incorporating trust membership with season tickets. Selling live streaming season tickets to those outside the UK. First thing I'd do would be to ask those who turn up three or four times a season what we should do to entice them to come more often.

Evening Brendan,
That's me you have described in your last sentence. What can the County do to entice me more?

1. Write to the NHS to ask them to improve my payband or give me a promotion.
2. Move Rodders a bit closer to Fishguard or vice versa.
3. Tell my wife, kids, grandkids and friends to stop putting demands on my time over the weekends.

Simple really! :grin:

On a serious note, I cannot really think of anything that would really entice me. The are probably lots of people in a similar predicament. What I would suggest is the County do a marketing campaign or a poll to ask those type of supporters what exactly would entice them. Know your punters, and I don't think the County really do.

Whilst every idea is welcome, most suggestions seem to concentrate on the ticket price. I just don't think that is the 'driver' in all situations.

An 'exiles' membership scheme (including an overseas battalion) would be a great start though.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
The NCFC Hippy wrote:Unfortunately I could not attend the meeting last night as a bit poorly, but from what I can gather the biggest news is that the Trust are going to offer alternative levels of Trust Membership, depending on how much one pays a month.

For me, investors apart (and that's another story) this is the definite way forward -
It's madness that us Trust members (1400 odd) pay only £10 per year membership.
All well run Trust clubs utilise the Trust to bring in much more revenue.
The offer of starting with £5 onto £10 onto more per month from existing and hopefully new Trust members is very logical and achievable. There will be those of us who for whatever reason choose not to give, I'm not passing judgement on that.
But for me even if all 1400 of us went from giving the yearly tenner and gaining £14,000 to giving the minimum £60 per year we would see a jump to £84,000 (£70,00 more coming into the club), hopefully more if we all gave more, £10 per month is 33p a day etc.
This makes a genuine difference to a club like ours and for me is a great idea waiting to be done. So well done all.
I am not saying the trust board is perfect, I'm not saying we don't want investors, but for actions rather than debating this has to be done and I'll defo sign up for more input and hope more of us 'supporters' old and new do so too.
U.T.C
I pay 10 pound a month and may never see another game, just saying! And the club is in my will.
Colin,

That is commendable. However even if we could get 1000 to follow you example it would increase our annual income by only £120,000.

The real solution is to increase our gates. 300 adults at £17 a game is £5,100. x 23 equals £123,300. 300 paying adults per match is a more realistic target.

That is not meant as any criticism of yourself, nor anyone making a contribution.
Thing is Stan, that would just about solve it for us for now. Baby steps eh? We’re a new trust and at least have begun to realise in the last couple of weeks that we as the owners have to step up - that’s got to better than being in the hands of some chancer. Problem is, we all have to get on board and I’m worried many of us either won’t or can’t.