Re: Newport / Northampton attendance comparison stats:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Est.1912 wrote:

Even

According to the extremely accurate Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exeter_Ci ... s%27_Trust it was 3329 in 2015, an interesting part of that page is how big a contribution the trust makes in wages one year it went as high as £18k. It is also interesting that they launched specific schemes with targets (relaid pitch, floodlights) it may be a better way of raising funds than the trust just asking for regular/one off donations if they create a specific scheme with a target (Blue Peter totaliser optional).

I agree entirely.
Whilst also agreeing with the launching of specific schemes targets as a good idea, surely we are restricted in comparision with exeter as we don't have our own ground

I would add the one potential benefit for Exeter is that for the outlying areas they may attract fans who don't have other (as attractive) alternatives in the immediate area. Compare that with County who have to compete with more rugby teams and you go 5 miles west of Newport you're into Cardiff City territory etc. Personally I think if you offer fans a flexible match package that gives them some benefit over walk-up fans you will only gain. I mean those walk-up fans who came to the Yeovil game might take some enticing back but if they'd bought a 6 match package they would still come back for another 5 games and if they saw 4 wins then maybe they would buy another package!

Collars wrote:I would add the one potential benefit for Exeter is that for the outlying areas they may attract fans who don't have other (as attractive) alternatives in the immediate area. Compare that with County who have to compete with more rugby teams and you go 5 miles west of Newport you're into Cardiff City territory etc. Personally I think if you offer fans a flexible match package that gives them some benefit over walk-up fans you will only gain. I mean those walk-up fans who came to the Yeovil game might take some enticing back but if they'd bought a 6 match package they would still come back for another 5 games and if they saw 4 wins then maybe they would buy another package!
I agree they do have that added benefit that the local competition for fans is smaller, Plymouth is the closest league team 45 miles away, but the counter argument which does veer into the boundaries issue earlier in this thread that both Newport itself and the "Greater Newport Area" basically the Dragons catchment is more densely populated than the towns and villages around Exeter.

I also agree that a Flexi ticket would be great idea like you say even if we perform poorly against Yeovil if they have already paid for another 4 games they are likely to come back and hopefully see a better performance.

I think not owning our own ground is limiting that we can't carry out on the stadium without the WRU permission, the flip side being we only pay as a club for 1/3 anyway at the moment so it saves us there.

I would be more likely to contribute if for instance there was a campaign that had identified land for a training ground and Phase 1 was to purchase the land and build the training rooms and offices for instances once that goal had been met maybe a few years down the line another campaign for Phase 2 for an all weather pitch/physio facilities or whatever the need was.

Est.1912 wrote:
Collars wrote:I would add the one potential benefit for Exeter is that for the outlying areas they may attract fans who don't have other (as attractive) alternatives in the immediate area. Compare that with County who have to compete with more rugby teams and you go 5 miles west of Newport you're into Cardiff City territory etc. Personally I think if you offer fans a flexible match package that gives them some benefit over walk-up fans you will only gain. I mean those walk-up fans who came to the Yeovil game might take some enticing back but if they'd bought a 6 match package they would still come back for another 5 games and if they saw 4 wins then maybe they would buy another package!
I agree they do have that added benefit that the local competition for fans is smaller, Plymouth is the closest league team 45 miles away, but the counter argument which does veer into the boundaries issue earlier in this thread that both Newport itself and the "Greater Newport Area" basically the Dragons catchment is more densely populated than the towns and villages around Exeter.

I also agree that a Flexi ticket would be great idea like you say even if we perform poorly against Yeovil if they have already paid for another 4 games they are likely to come back and hopefully see a better performance.

I think not owning our own ground is limiting that we can't carry out on the stadium without the WRU permission, the flip side being we only pay as a club for 1/3 anyway at the moment so it saves us there.

I would be more likely to contribute if for instance there was a campaign that had identified land for a training ground and Phase 1 was to purchase the land and build the training rooms and offices for instances once that goal had been met maybe a few years down the line another campaign for Phase 2 for an all weather pitch/physio facilities or whatever the need was.
Well rest assured that when I win the £110m on Friday night I will be purchasing land and building a stadium for the club!