Wages?

I read somewhere where it said that players were entitled to a pay rise for being in the top two places in the league ?? After seeing the game on Saturday, and I use the word "game" loosely, Could "that performance" be a statement by the players for not getting the extra pay ???---I think the players should pay into the clubs bank account a weeks pay for failing to meet the standard expected of them...........................Bob Bassett

Re: Wages?

Amberexile wrote:Is that a suggestion that the players may have deliberately performed poorly as a protest about pay?
It's an interesting thought. If I'd been screwed out of financial reward which was contracted I'd make a statement about it as well.

Not saying this is what happened by any means but it does make you wonder.

Since Saturdays pathetic non performance, I have been in a state of stunned shock at the happenings at Rodney Parade, then I suddenly remembered reading on here about the winning bonus of a top-two position, and thinking about the money crazy world of soccer in Britain these days, that seemed a more likely cause for the diabolical display we all watched.. I have supported County since 1950, and over the years being a County fan have had to take a lot of banter from lots of people but no performance was ever as bad as the Yeovil game we've just seen.-its going to be a bit difficult to get enthusiastic about the next home game too !!
COME ON COUNTY, YOU OWE US A PERFORMANCE …... !! Bob Bassett

One defeat at home in the League, playing some excellent football (the best we've played in many a year according to a lot of our fans) and you're going to struggle to get enthusiastic about the next one.....due to ONE bad performance? Oh dear.

it seems to me that when something totally unexpected happens e.g. County's performance v Yoevil, it is human nature to desperately search for an explanation, thus given forth many a conspiracy theory. Argument over wages, dressing room bust up etc. All of which in my opinion are total nonsense.

Exile 1976 wrote:One defeat at home in the League, playing some excellent football (the best we've played in many a year according to a lot of our fans) and you're going to struggle to get enthusiastic about the next one.....due to ONE bad performance? Oh dear.
I get your point mate, but one of my concerns is the effect the bad performance will have had on the 'floaters' who came back for that game. I just hope they will return.

My own take on this is that I have respect for all the punters who attend all the games. Well done. If you see all games then it may be understandable that one bad performance won't put you off. I get that.

I can only get to about 4 maybe 5 games a season. My mood on the way back to sunny Fishguard on Saturday night was crap, 'I'm never going again etc'. Thankfully that mood has improved and I'll probably be going again when next in the 'Port.

The only thing putting me off is that the last 3 games I have seen at home, we have lost. One of those games I even brought some newbies from Fishguard. Not sure they will be back. Phil in Northampton tells me to stay away. I'm beginning to think he has a point! :grin:

pembsexile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:One defeat at home in the League, playing some excellent football (the best we've played in many a year according to a lot of our fans) and you're going to struggle to get enthusiastic about the next one.....due to ONE bad performance? Oh dear.
I get your point mate, but one of my concerns is the effect the bad performance will have had on the 'floaters' who came back for that game. I just hope they will return.

My own take on this is that I have respect for all the punters who attend all the games. Well done. If you see all games then it may be understandable that one bad performance won't put you off. I get that.

I can only get to about 4 maybe 5 games a season. My mood on the way back to sunny Fishguard on Saturday night was crap, 'I'm never going again etc'. Thankfully that mood has improved and I'll probably be going again when next in the 'Port.

The only thing putting me off is that the last 3 games I have seen at home, we have lost. One of those games I even brought some newbies from Fishguard. Not sure they will be back. Phil in Northampton tells me to stay away. I'm beginning to think he has a point! :grin:

I get that mate but those type of fans are only ever one bad performance away from not coming anyway.

P.S. Yes, I agree with Phil, stay away from Rodders ! Haha

Exile 1976 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

I get that mate but those type of fans are only ever one bad performance away from not coming anyway.

P.S. Yes, I agree with Phil, stay away from Rodders ! Haha
:grin: :wink:

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:it seems to me that when something totally unexpected happens e.g. County's performance v Yoevil, it is human nature to desperately search for an explanation, thus given forth many a conspiracy theory. Argument over wages, dressing room bust up etc. All of which in my opinion are total nonsense.
When something totally unexpected happens there is usually a cause. To say with any degree of certainty what that cause is would be foolhardy. To make suggestions as to what that cause may be is not in my view total nonsense.