Re: Wages?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:it seems to me that when something totally unexpected happens e.g. County's performance v Yoevil, it is human nature to desperately search for an explanation, thus given forth many a conspiracy theory. Argument over wages, dressing room bust up etc. All of which in my opinion are total nonsense.
I agree. There were contributory factors, namely that we previously had two long away trips putting in phenomenal effort to secure 6 points at Port Vale & Oldham. We were also away at Swindon on the Tuesday and whilst we fielded a weakened team , Butler and Bennett still played 90 minutes with both having uncharacteristically poor games against Yeovil.

When you consider that a very good Yeovil team (who have not conceded a goal in 5 games) had their feet up for two weeks you can see where the extra sharpness came from.

Perhaps a more experienced manager would have shut up shop at half time and tried to sneak the second half 1-0 subsequently preventing the hysteria, but no criticism from me, it was just a game laden with inexplicable individual errors and time to move on.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:it seems to me that when something totally unexpected happens e.g. County's performance v Yoevil, it is human nature to desperately search for an explanation, thus given forth many a conspiracy theory. Argument over wages, dressing room bust up etc. All of which in my opinion are total nonsense.
I agree. There were contributory factors, namely that we previously had two long away trips putting in phenomenal effort to secure 6 points at Port Vale & Oldham. We were also away at Swindon on the Tuesday and whilst we fielded a weakened team , Butler and Bennett still played 90 minutes with both having uncharacteristically poor games against Yeovil.

When you consider that a very good Yeovil team (who have not conceded a goal in 5 games) had their feet up for two weeks you can see where the extra sharpness came from.

Perhaps a more experienced manager would have shut up shop at half time and tried to sneak the second half 1-0 subsequently preventing the hysteria, but no criticism from me, it was just a game laden with inexplicable individual errors and time to move on.
You were doing so well with this post until the last paragraph. I broadly agree with your summation. 'Preventing the hysteria' eh? You do like this word. You cannot resist having a go at fans who are annoyed can you?

Who are this hysterical minority that you refer to then? I would suggest by the number of posts since Saturday that they are not in an actual minority. The only hysteria I saw was on the Yeovil bench after Robbie's antics.

Exile 1976 wrote:One defeat at home in the League, playing some excellent football (the best we've played in many a year according to a lot of our fans) and you're going to struggle to get enthusiastic about the next one.....due to ONE bad performance? Oh dear.
It wasn't the "ONE bad performance"--I too believed that County were playing a better type of passing game, on the floor too" I noticed it this season moreso, because I had not been to a game since the second game of the previous season ,but to suddenly have such a pathetic performance versus Yeovil, and then go to Tranmere and win there.------ How can that be !

BertieB wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:One defeat at home in the League, playing some excellent football (the best we've played in many a year according to a lot of our fans) and you're going to struggle to get enthusiastic about the next one.....due to ONE bad performance? Oh dear.
It wasn't the "ONE bad performance"--I too believed that County were playing a better type of passing game, on the floor too" I noticed it this season moreso, because I had not been to a game since the second game of the previous season ,but to suddenly have such a pathetic performance versus Yeovil, and then go to Tranmere and win there.------ How can that be !

Simple. It's League 2 football. It happens. Yeovil got spanked yesterday at home.
Luton beat Yeovil last season 8-2, Yeovil then beat Accrington Stanley in their next league game....

BertieB wrote: