Re: Interbet?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Any think it's coming soon?

The club have told us we've been paid, although they haven't said how much. Perhaps Gavin, who has stated in the Argus that he keeps us informed, might tell us.

There's a meeting tonight Bren perhaps ask there

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Any think it's coming soon?

The club have told us we've been paid, although they haven't said how much. Perhaps Gavin, who has stated in the Argus that he keeps us informed, might tell us.
As you've gone to the trouble of starting a new topic on this subject, it seems to me that it is of high importance to you.

If you are unable to attend the meeting this evening in person to ask about this, you can email questions in advance to - office@newport-county.co.uk

Hope that helps.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:In all seriousness - does it really matter? We have been told (by at least two board members) that we have been paid. Does it matter if the actual company are 'active'?
In all seriousness what part of 'how much' do you not understand?
have we been informed of how much we have been paid by previous shirt sponsers?

Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I don't think Brendan is asking for how much £'s but how much % of the deal they have paid us.
I may be wrong though.
I think he will make it the opposite of what anyone thinks it is to get a rise. :shock: :lol:
No, I would like to know how much? If we are told that £700,000 was the profit from the Cup run then that wasn't commercially sensitive then how can what we received from Interbet be sensitive?

Strikes me that commercially sensitive equates to embarrassing.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I don't think Brendan is asking for how much £'s but how much % of the deal they have paid us.
I may be wrong though.
I think he will make it the opposite of what anyone thinks it is to get a rise. :shock: :lol:
No, I would like to know how much? If we are told that £700,000 was the profit from the Cup run then that wasn't commercially sensitive then how can what we received from Interbet be sensitive?

I should imagine so it’s not to create a benchmark for future negotiations with other sponsors.

If the deal is deemed to be worth £50k but Interbet negotiated it down to £40k (because there was no other company in the running) then it would be crazy to publish that fact.

All future sponsors would negotiate based on the published figure which would leave us out of pocket.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
I may be wrong though.

Not at all. Money from the cup run is totally different to that of a sponsorship deal.
Never been told how much our deals have been previously, were they all embarrassing?
I dont know any clubs that announce how much money their sponsorship deals are worth.