Re: Interbet?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: That a charlatan company are our sponsors is known to any company that might consider future sponsorship. Being sponsored by an internet betting company without a website makes us look cheap.
Completely disagree, as long as the amount of the sponsorship is not known there's no way to know if we're cheap or not. 4 other teams are also taking their money, it's not a big deal to them either.
If you look you will see that the other clubs are only 'betting partners'. Dave Boddy used that ploy. It doesn't cost Internet. Only with us are they official sponsors.

You are entitled to your opinion, but your opinion is wrong.
I am entitled to my opinion and it is a damn sight more valuable to me than yours. Remind me again why it matters if we've been paid?

SJG99 wrote:
I am entitled to my opinion and it is a damn sight more valuable to me than yours. Remind me again why it matters if we've been paid?
You are entitled to your opinion. Your opinion is as valid as mine. My opinion is that you are wrong.

Why does it matter if we get paid? Because we employed people to work in the commercial department. They were paid. If they didn't raise money by us being paid for sponsorship then their salary came out of the playing budget.

Any other questions?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:We've been told we have been paid.
How much? £4-99p?
Why do you think so negatively about it? I’ve been led to believe the owner of Interbet is a multi millionaire who sold one of his previous internet marketing companies (free bets) for £2million.

So why wouldn’t he pay us in full?

Lysaght Dancer wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:We've been told we have been paid.
How much? £4-99p?
Why do you think so negatively about it? I’ve been led to believe the owner of Interbet is a multi millionaire who sold one of his previous internet marketing companies (free bets) for £2million.

So why wouldn’t he pay us in full?
That's some sound due diligence right there. As you were.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:My opinion is that you are wrong.
Which is a very different thing from your previous position of "your opinion is wrong". Don't worry Stan, you might get good at this arguing thing if you manage not to get banned for long enough.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:FWIW, I have been told by someone close to Leon Hughes that we were paid half up front and the other half is to be paid after 6 months.

Kevin Ward also communicated on here in August that we had been paid by interbet.
yes but he didn't say it was the full amount

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:FWIW, I have been told by someone close to Leon Hughes that we were paid half up front and the other half is to be paid after 6 months.
How much? Leon Hughes seems to set up lots of companies but that seems to be about it. Half of bugger all is very little.

He wouldn't tell me the amount, but whatever it was I'd imagine it was the best offer we got from potential sponsors.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
How much? Leon Hughes seems to set up lots of companies but that seems to be about it. Half of bugger all is very little.

He wouldn't tell me the amount, but whatever it was I'd imagine it was the best offer we got from potential sponsors.

Assuming your friend knows, and I accept completely your belief he does, it seems that you are being told only what he/they want you to know.

I have a problem with that. For me it is difficult to justify spending my money without being told how it is being spent. I accept you disagree, I suspect we must agree to differ.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Assuming your friend knows, and I accept completely your belief he does, it seems that you are being told only what he/they want you to know.

I have a problem with that. For me it is difficult to justify spending my money without being told how it is being spent. I accept you disagree, I suspect we must agree to differ.

I cannot disagree with that. If you will only spend money if you know where that money is being spent then that's fine, that's your prerogative. I spend blindly, which is probably wrong/stupid, because I want my club to survive no matter what.

I agree with you Exile. I also think many
supporters with true passion feel the same and I think these fans will increase their donations over the coming weeks/months.

Ultimately if it is important to you, you will find a way, if it is not important to you, you will find an excuse.