SUPPORT THE TRUST - SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEW OPTIONS

Of course we should work with both the Dragons and Newport Council to gain a foothold at RP.
But in all reality why do we suddenly think this might happen, literally months after the best chance to secure a stadium for the city for both sports was passed up without a murmur by both us , nrfc, and the city council (as we're skint) and the council are ditto, plus useless.

The WRU now own the ground and have whip hand, and to buy the same facility but with a better pitch will probably cost us double what we could of got it for months ago, so even more unfeasable.

I truly hope rumours I have heard that the Council are in talks to re-build the leisure centre on the 'old cabbage patch are true' but I wouldn't live in hope on it, but that's personal.

It would be great if an investor/sugar daddy got on board, and am sure the trust board are open to the right people, but again, we can only live in hope.

However, there are some facts we can work with:
We can build the trust to be much better at what it's supposed to do, which is put in more money as all the other trust run clubs manage to do. I for one, trust this board (though not perfect) they are actually having success, they are honest, and they put their time and effort as well as cash where there mouth is.

Until a fairy god mother grants us all our wishes, I will follow the only logical conclusion and put more of my money into the club. It can be a small drop in the ocean, but the more of us who do it, the better chance the club has of not going bust and even thriving, and let's hear amen to that.

So until someone comes up with the perfect scenario rather than pontificating about it, I would say, join in - jump on board and build our trust, if you want change. if you want to talk to the WRU and the Council. do it from within.

Others including Kev Ward have posted the links to the trust membership with links.

UTC

Re: SUPPORT THE TRUST - SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEW OPTIONS

The NCFC Hippy wrote:Of course we should work with both the Dragons and Newport Council to gain a foothold at RP.
But in all reality why do we suddenly think this might happen, literally months after the best chance to secure a stadium for the city for both sports was passed up without a murmur by both us , nrfc, and the city council (as we're skint) and the council are ditto, plus useless.

The WRU now own the ground and have whip hand, and to buy the same facility but with a better pitch will probably cost us double what we could of got it for months ago, so even more unfeasable.

I truly hope rumours I have heard that the Council are in talks to re-build the leisure centre on the 'old cabbage patch are true' but I wouldn't live in hope on it, but that's personal.

It would be great if an investor/sugar daddy got on board, and am sure the trust board are open to the right people, but again, we can only live in hope.

However, there are some facts we can work with:
We can build the trust to be much better at what it's supposed to do, which is put in more money as all the other trust run clubs manage to do. I for one, trust this board (though not perfect) they are actually having success, they are honest, and they put their time and effort as well as cash where there mouth is.

Until a fairy god mother grants us all our wishes, I will follow the only logical conclusion and put more of my money into the club. It can be a small drop in the ocean, but the more of us who do it, the better chance the club has of not going bust and even thriving, and let's hear amen to that.

So until someone comes up with the perfect scenario rather than pontificating about it, I would say, join in - jump on board and build our trust, if you want change. if you want to talk to the WRU and the Council. do it from within.

Others including Kev Ward have posted the links to the trust membership with links.

UTC
An opinion only.

The WRU have stated that they don't wish to own Rodney Parade in perpetuity. Secondary to that the development either as a stadium or housing of Rodney Parade is dependant on Newport City Council.

Past behaviour is not good but just once perhaps the sporting public will be well served by the City Council. Optimistic but I live in hope. If all three work together we might be able to develop the stadium our home town deserves.

Given the title of this post, IMO we as supporters and trust members have no other option but to subscribe to the new options if we want to save the club from financial ruin. Whilst appreciation the majority who could be bothered to complete the recent survey would prefer developing a 'hybrid model', I don't believe that investors will be found and therefore the talk of a vote of trust members on such proposals in the close season will not happen. I do truly hope that I will be proved wrong.

In the meantime i think it must be obvious that the trust membership must start contributing more money asap, as previous posters have rightly said, in the same way as other trust owned league clubs do.
Also, i know i keep repeating myself but the amount of money put into the club will ultimately dictate at what level we can exist in the long term.

I understand the concerns over the uncertainty of our long term existence at RP, after June 2023, but surely the club requires a financial injection now.

I think your suggestion is right Hippy, but whilst the BOD are definitely travelling in the right direction regarding transparency and communication, I still believe that those who follow the club are still sceptical as to where the money will go. The FA Cup money was a stark reminder of how much financially it takes to run a football club. Those investing, even it is relatively small amounts that they can afford, like to see fruits from their investment

Perhaps the future focus should be on securing long term leases on whatever location offers us a long term home, be that RP or Spytty. There was reference to AFC Wimbledon in the other thread and their model is based on securing a long lease on the council owned ground, then selling on the lease to Chelsea to then allow themselves to develop their own stadium, but even then the land will most likely be leased so they don't have to find a huge cash lump to buy it outright.

Yep I agree with most of the sentiments which lots of us seem to share.
As I said, the only feasable thing we can do now which helps the club at once and then in the future (with any poss discussions of ground ownership with council/wru or even bringing on board a sugar daddy).
We need the to make the Trust and hence the club as strong as possible, I'm not a wealthy guy but I can sure afford £20 a month to be on board, if more of us can put in what we can afford it helps enormously. We're in an amazing position and things can change I just want us to be in a position to never go bankrupt again. UTC