Re: Exiles Grandstand: Tranmere Away

Cornish Exile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Bennett in midfield, not his position.

Usual suspect dropped........It would have been Wilmott instead of Sheehan if he hadn't have been sent off and Bennett dropped.....Harris has a bad game and been dropped despite playing well :roll: :roll:

Bennett was very good again today

14 have 'mares' the previous game and only one or two suffer????
#predictable MF

Bennett is not a MIDFIELDER IMO

Glad I stayed at home now
Would you now like to acknowledge that Mike Flynn knows a bit more about his players than you.

Cornish Exile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

Usual suspect dropped........It would have been Wilmott instead of Sheehan if he hadn't have been sent off and Bennett dropped.....Harris has a bad game and been dropped despite playing well :roll: :roll:

#predictable MF

Would you now like to acknowledge that Mike Flynn knows a bit more about his players than you.

No , I wouldn't........IF the ref hadn't sent off Willmott you can almost guarantee that MF would have picked him to play , either at right back or centre midfield and the result probably would have been totally different .
That decision thankfully for the team was taken out of his hands because Willmott deservedly got sent off for his 'silly tackle ' he made last week.

I couldn't make todays game due to work / family commitments but I understand that we played a flat back four with Franks playing as a right back...Is that true ???
If so why did MF bring Wilmott on at half time last week and play him in that position when we were chasing the game ? why wasn't he used as an attacking player , which he is better at rather than a right back , which he cant play ,IMO and looked totally out of his depth and struggled before he got sent off ?...Willmott is ok as an attacking right sided midfielder but centre midfield or right back ?????
I also understand that Bennett had a decent game in midfield ? I have seen him many times in that position and in my opinion he struggles in that position most of the time whereas he has been playing well in the three man defence.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it Cornish Exile ???

Cornish Exile wrote:As I understand it we played three at the back, O'Brien, Franks and Demetrieu, with Tyler Forbes and Butler wing backs and Bennett the holding mid-fielder, a position he occupied on many occasions at Exeter.

They didn't do too badly did they.

I've seen him play that position many times and IMO it isn't his best position and I prefer him as a centre half.

I am also sure that one of the reasons he left Exeter was that he didn't like playing that position and wanted to play as a centre half as he himself feels he is better suited to the role.......That is one of the reasons that he went to Notts County..That and a 2 year contract and probably a pay rise :wink:

Threadbare wrote:Have to agree with Neil.
Midfield is not Bennett's best position and I also believe he is correct about the Exeter/ Notts Co move.
Still, he played in the role today and got us a result. Good to have a solid pro in the squad.
Which gives Mike Flynn a pleasant dilemma. Four first class centre backs competing for three places.And people were saying how much we would miss Ben White.

neilcork68 wrote:

#predictable MF

No it would not, it would have been Robbie for Pipe. Putting that aside and based on the evidence of the last 9 months , Robbie offers far more to the team than Sheehan and as much as I like Sheehan, he is not the same since his return.

Corky .... when will you EVER be happy with a County result and when will you EVER have faith with a qualified football coach picking a side to go out and win a football match ???
You call Flynny "predictable" , yet some really well paid , experienced football managers can't work out how we are currently 3rd in League 2 .

Have you ever thought of applying for the Welsh National Team Coach's job ??

Alan G Bryant wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

#predictable MF

No it would not, it would have been Robbie for Pipe. Putting that aside and based on the evidence of the last 9 months , Robbie offers far more to the team than Sheehan and as much as I like Sheehan, he is not the same since his return.
I think it is beacause we noticed him more due to the threat of relegation. Everytime i've seen him he has been very workmanship and offers alot up front.

Corpaboy wrote:Corky .... when will you EVER be happy with a County result and when will you EVER have faith with a qualified football coach picking a side to go out and win a football match ???
You call Flynny "predictable" , yet some really well paid , experienced football managers can't work out how we are currently 3rd in League 2 .

Have you ever thought of applying for the Welsh National Team Coach's job ??
Here's an idea to bring peace and harmony to this board. Indeed this post exemplifies why so many threads degenerate into rows.

I don't comment on the rights or wrong of what Neal says but Corps just isn't listening. I am sure Neal is very happy with the result. His point is that in his view Bennett is being played out of position. Now you can agree or disagree with that.

In short when will Corps EVER stop shouting and start listening? :grin: