Re: MOM Tranmere

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Special branch wrote:I said to those around me that he looked older than me (im 65) but he did have an excellent game.
And he has looked like that for years and years!
Just looked on Wiki,he will be only 35 next week.Watching MOTD,Martin Atkinson seems about 60 and he is only 47.

Re: MOM Tranmere

girl saturday wrote:The defence won us the game yesterday so has to be from the backline. Fantastic battling.
Butler really got stuck in, nice to see O'Brien back, sound game from Micky & Forbes, Franks the best we could have hoped for to fill White's place and with the goal he has to be my man of the Match.
Would have loved to give it to Joe on his 200th but he was way too dodgy in asserting himself and was the cause of the only uncertain moments in the backline.
Agree about Joe’s assertion thing, or rather lack of it. I wasn’t there yesterday so obviously cannot comment but he gives me ( and must give our defence ) kittens when he fails to control his 6yd box let alone his area. He’s always been reluctant to “come” but seems even more so just lately. Maybe it’s just me that doesn’t enjoy his performances, and although I agree he’s a decent shot-stopper his reluctance to organise his defence upsets me a lot. Perhaps it’s because I have been used to goalkeepers who catch crosses and anticipate through balls etc. I just hate it when ‘keepers are rooted to their lines.