Re: RP pitch

Percy plunkett wrote:Dragons played home on Saturday in that heavy rain.The Gus described it as a sodden RP,then Newport RFC played today.Just hope it hasn't been wrecked.
Was wondering myself how it may appear by Saturday, given another game v Chelsea u21 Tues? Weather forecast favourable for remainder of week though. Nice drying wind also.

Pitch looked fine tonight. Much less slipping over, than the Yeovil game. It did cut up a little, at one point a Chelsea player through a divett over the goal line when setting up to take a free kick. The only issue tonight was the flood lights. There must have been lights out on top of the Bisley. Someone at the Club need to bring that to the attention of our landlords.

Well worth the entry fee tonight. Well done all.

countyareup wrote:Pitch looked fine tonight. Much less slipping over, than the Yeovil game. It did cut up a little, at one point a Chelsea player through a divett over the goal line when setting up to take a free kick. The only issue tonight was the flood lights. There must have been lights out on top of the Bisley. Someone at the Club need to bring that to the attention of our landlords.

Well worth the entry fee tonight. Well done all.

The floodlights tonight were an embarrassment.

It seems every week there is an issue with our landlords , heavily watered pitches , hardly recognisable pitch markings , switching the football off and now floodlights not working.

I wonder if we have a say at all

G Guest wrote:-
That doesn't affect the floodlights. A quarter of the pitch was in gloom last night
I was responding to the original post, which was about the possible state of the pitch - not the floodlights.

Considering the number of matches played recently, 2 of them rugby matches in wet conditions, it looks to be holding up pretty well.

County Exile wrote:G Guest wrote:-
That doesn't affect the floodlights. A quarter of the pitch was in gloom last night
I was responding to the original post, which was about the possible state of the pitch - not the floodlights.

Considering the number of matches played recently, 2 of them rugby matches in wet conditions, it looks to be holding up pretty well.
You're right.

It is because the drainage problem have been fixed. That was the problem. Three teams playing on the pitch is not ideal but the unplayable pitches if it rained of a couple of years ago had nothing to do with three teams.

If I recall correctly it was in good condition for a season when we had the initial new pitch from Phil Day sports. It was the shoddy maintenance by Rodney Parade that caused the drainage problem, although I do not know why three teams ( and the ladies match) playing 15 games on a pitch in two months should be anything other than expected.

It is nice to hear how great a job they are doing though, perhaps they can remember to switch on all the floodlights next Tuesday.

Willthiswork wrote:It was OK to play otherwise the Ref would have called it off.
The Ref will put it in his Match report the FL will then investigate

I was at Caldicot refin a midweek Fixture the one floodlight broke I called the two captains together they both wanted to carry on so I said that they couldn't question mine or the lineos calling in that quarter I doubt that would be allowed in FL mind but tbh the 3 lights were just about ok to finish the game

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:If I recall correctly it was in good condition for a season when we had the initial new pitch from Phil Day sports. It was the shoddy maintenance by Rodney Parade that caused the drainage problem, although .
Utter nonsense.

Not too sure it is nonsense Brendan. Wasn't it in the official report that the Rodney Parade staff had messed the drainage up through their poor maintenance?