Re: Ref for Saturday

Brett Huxtable is like most referees (and players) in League 2, inconsistent - hence why he hasn't progressed further. We have seen the best and worst of him, hopefully he performs as he did against Crewe, but we wont know until the day.
I don't like to over criticise referees as it is a thankless task with at least one set of supporters constantly on your back, but I think Brett could help himself by losing a few pounds so he can keep up with the play.... in fairness my Mrs. says something quite similar about me!

billypunk wrote:Brett Huxtable is like most referees (and players) in League 2, inconsistent - hence why he hasn't progressed further. We have seen the best and worst of him, hopefully he performs as he did against Crewe, but we wont know until the day.
I don't like to over criticise referees as it is a thankless task with at least one set of supporters constantly on your back, but I think Brett could help himself by losing a few pounds so he can keep up with the play.... in fairness my Mrs. says something quite similar about me!
:grin: ain’t that the truth! I love the “ Saturday’s ref “ posts, always makes me smile. Whoever it is hardly makes you enthusiastic in this league does it? Huxtable is serially poor imho though as was pointed out he wasn’t too bad last time. We never, ever get a “homer” so I’ll be f*cking delighted when they’re all replaced by robots - though knowing our luck we’d get Bender every week - at least he’d be a good laugh on a night out in the city though.

If I were to go on the Cambridge United board to you think that they will be delighting in the fact that Brett is reffing on Saturday. If County win narrowly does anyone doubt that come Saturday evening the Cambridge message board will be slating him? Can anyone suggest why supporters of 92 league clubs all think that referees have it in for them alone?

Could it be, a mad suggestion I know, that football supporters are a tad myopic when it comes to decision making?

No, no it couldn't be that. Silly me. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:If I were to go on the Cambridge United board to you think that they will be delighting in the fact that Brett is reffing on Saturday. If County win narrowly does anyone doubt that come Saturday evening the Cambridge message board will be slating him? Can anyone suggest why supporters of 92 league clubs all think that referees have it in for them alone?

Could it be, a mad suggestion I know, that football supporters are a tad myopic when it comes to decision making?

You should read the Wrexham Message Board, Stan. They are quite paranoid in their belief that all English referees have it "in for them".

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:If I were to go on the Cambridge United board to you think that they will be delighting in the fact that Brett is reffing on Saturday. If County win narrowly does anyone doubt that come Saturday evening the Cambridge message board will be slating him? Can anyone suggest why supporters of 92 league clubs all think that referees have it in for them alone?

You should read the Wrexham Message Board, Stan. They are quite paranoid in their belief that all English referees have it "in for them".

That's every ref then bless